Find
Notify
Tools
opportunities in the field
 Login/Join

<Rao>
posted
Hi Beth,
I am a licensed clinical social worker located in California with over 15years experience in the health field. However, I do not have any acute care experience. I have been trying to get into Dialysis care for a number of years without much success due to lack of hospital/acute care experience. Could you give me some ideas on how to get a 'foot in the door'? I am willing to take any course/certification if one is available.
I'm also willing to work for a short time as MSW, intern or even volunteer if there are any social workers/administration out there who are open to it. I live in Los Angeles area and am willing to drive 10-15 miles each way. My e-mail address is leesrao@gmail.com

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Many dialysis clinics need social workers. Dialysis facility dministrators say they have a hard time recruiting MSWs, and in CA recruiting social workers who have a clinical license. Although it's easier for someone with renal experience to assume the role of nephrology social worker, most administrators of dialysis clinics would be happy to have an application with an MSW, an LCSW, and healthcare experience.

You might want to review the National Kidney Foundation's Council of Nephrology Social Workers website for information about nephrology social work:
www.kidney.org/professionals/CNSW

I will post your message on the CNSW listserv which is for CNSW members and has social workers from CA.

Posts: 19 | Location: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: 07 June 1999Report This Post
<Rao>
posted
Beth,
Thank you very much for your follow-up. I have already started receiving some suggestions and guidance. I really appreciate it very much.

Report This Post
<Mad>
posted
I am a social worker residing in GA. I have three yrs. hospice experience and would like to move into renal social work. I've recently started applying for positions. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I will post your message to the social worker listserv for renal social workers. You might want to check the National Kidney Foundation's Career Center website at http://www.careers.kidney.org. It doesn't list any renal social worker jobs in GA, but one couold be posted any day.

Posts: 19 | Location: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: 07 June 1999Report This Post
<Diana Mangum>
posted
I am working as a social worker in Atlanta, GA. After almost 40 years I am retiring this year. If anyone is interested in covering two clinics, one in Atlanta, one in Fayetteville, GA, please call the administration office of DCI at 404-230-2959.

Report This Post