New
Find
Notify
Tools
Davita buy out
 Login/Join

<Grambo>
posted
Hi all, My hosp based dialysis outpatient and acute programs have been bought by Davita. Would appreciate any input that can be given on Davita and being employeed by them.

Thanks!!!

Report This Post
<lynn>
posted
the best

Report This Post
<RN>
posted
I'm not a big fan of Davita. They overwork their staff and their programs are run by business people who do not care much about patient care. Their focus is how to make the big $$$$

Report This Post
<Dialysis RN>
posted
Working there for over six years was my worst nursing experience, and I love dialysis nursing. Instead of nursing managers, decisions are now made by MBA- educated, self-important facility administrators--young, arrogant. Start looking around for a job where they value experienced RNs, or otherwise decide to refrain from confronting careless decisions--you will be bullied and ultimately eliminated.

Report This Post
<acuteRN>
posted
Years ago, I was working in a hospital based acute unit which was ran on a contractural basis by Fresenius. FMC-NA lost the contract to Davita. Liking the facility (it was only 2 miles from my home), I opted to go to work for Davita. I was offered more money, better benefits, and was told that once FMC-NA removed their equipment that the unit would be restocked in the same manner.
The unit was never restocked with the quality ancillary items that I was accustomed to. We went from having high quality durable work tables to having to use hospital bedside tables. We went from using Fresenius "K's" to some old Cobes. We used DI's for quite some time instead of the RO's we were used to; for both our bedside treatments and our main unit treatments. I went from working 40-50 hours a week to working 50-60.
Although operating within the parameters set forth at that time by both companies, I saw a lower standard of care at that time with Davita. That was 6 years ago, things may have changed.
I lasted 3 months before I sought out other employment. My advice to you is that you know what level of care you wish to provide to your patients, don't sway from that.

Report This Post