New
Find
Notify
Tools
ceu's???
 Login/Join

posted
Hello.

I am a certified hemodialysis tech and I am trying to find good sources for free or relatively inexpensive ceu's. Anna is much too expensive and Nant isn't too cheap either when you are talking about 30 ceu's. I've been able to pick up a few here and there, but they seem to be in short supply. Does anyone happen to hold the holy grail of ceu sites??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... Dawn

Posts: 2 | Location: central florida | Registered: 09 March 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dawn,

Here are some for FREE contact hours.

http://www.hemodialysis-inc.com/articles/

Chuck

Posts: 2007 | Location: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Medical Education Institute has a website called Kidney School. This website offers interactive education for patients and staff about 15 kidney-related topics (the 16th topic should be available soon). Patients who complete the modules interactively get a certificate of completion for each module and an action plan based on their responses to questions throughout the module. The action plan can help them discuss their concerns with their doctor and other staff.

If patients don't have access to the Internet, staff can download and print copies of the PDF files for most of the modules (more to come).

MEI is piloting CEUs for staff on this website. The WI Nurses Association has approved the first two modules for 2 hours credit. The cost for 2 CEUs is $20. You get a certificate of completion after you pass a post-test. You can read more about Kidney School and the CEU opportunity at:
http://www.kidneyschool.org

Posts: 89 | Location: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: 07 June 1999Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn T:
[qb] Hello.

I am a certified hemodialysis tech and I am trying to find good sources for free or relatively inexpensive ceu's. Anna is much too expensive and Nant isn't too cheap either when you are talking about 30 ceu's. I've been able to pick up a few here and there, but they seem to be in short supply. Does anyone happen to hold the holy grail of ceu sites??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... Dawn [/qb]
Hi Dawn please check out the BONENT web site we have links to education sites.The web site sddress is WWW.Goamp.com/bonent

<watergirl>
posted
AmeriWater offers dialysis water treatment seminars certified for 6.5 contact hours through NANT/ANNA and Bonent Group A. The seminar locations are on the website ameriwater.com Big Grin

Report This Post