Find
Notify
Tools
9/11
 Login/Join

<WI Biomed>
posted
From an Army Vet.

Thoughts and prayers to all those whose lives were touched by the tragedy 15 years ago.

Thanks and praises to all those that helped, especially the first responders in NYC.

Never forget!!

Report This Post
<mtw2>
posted
Never will.
Thanks to all of you that have served our country.

Report This Post
<Whistleblower>
posted
Not trying to stir the pot, but why is it OK to kneel or sit during the national anthem, but the players who wore gloves or cleats to remember 9/11 were fined by the NFL? I get the freedom of speech stuff, there is a fine line. That's why this country is turning to $hit, look at our presidential candidates. Maybe they shouldn't wear pink in October then. Hands up! Let then represent, and be fair about it, don't pick and choose

Report This Post
<WI Biomed>
posted
I know what you mean. Their are double standards everywhere these days and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Personally I thought it was disrespectful for players to kneel or sit, but that really isn't what I got upset over. What I really got upset over were the people doing that stand on the flag challenge. Colin Kaepernick has the right to do what he wishes but I felt there was a better approach for him to take. I always follow the "it isn't what you say, it is how you say it" outlook. If he(or other players) want oppression to be recognized there are better ways to get that across. Why aren't they going to community centers, starting community outreach programs, donating some of their voluminous salaries to help lift people up instead of keeping them down. They can preach all they want, but if they don't actually do something positive about it then their actions are completely worthless, and most of all disrespectful.

Report This Post
<biomedtech>
posted
+1000 for your post.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not wanting to start an argument here but I feel that Kaps approach to this problem we have is justifiable. I believe if you want to draw attention to something or some cause, sometimes you have to do something that demands attention. No matter what you think, you have to admit, he has the attention. Now everyone needs to turn their attention to the problem. No the problem isn't about standing for a song, it is about how police are trained to handle the public they are suppose to protect. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all cops are bad, but there are some bad cops out there that need their badges and guns taken from them. So, when we say that Kap needs to do something positive, maybe he already has. We as Americans just need to understand, the discussion needs to be about race relations and police, not about the National Anthem.

posted Hide Post
@Whistleblower, I'm not sure why you think it but I DO NOT believe this country is turning to $hit. I believe this is still the greatest country on Earth.

posted Hide Post
Now I'm all for open discussions, but come on folks, this is really what we want to use a dialysis forum for? I love educated debates, but at least keep it in the same lane.

Posts: 359 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 12 April 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
@Whistleblower...your 3rd sentence...."That's why this country is turning to $hit". Not sure what you meant to say but that is what I gathered by reading it. @Cane, sorry to upset you but when I see something worth talking about, I really don't care where it is posted, I'm gonna give my 2 cents worth. No one has to like my opinion or even read it, but I do not sit quietly when something so important is being overlooked/ignored. I will stop here.

<Whistleblower>
posted
You didn't address why the NFL fined players for wearing gloves and cleats to remember 9/11. That is probably the one day in modern history to bring this country together. I know there are bad cops, but if he/she says stop, get on the ground, just do it. Why fight? Next, we are loosing industry to foreign countries, steel, oil, electronics, chocolate bars, clothes, heck customer service is in another country. I bet you can't find 3 things on you desk made in America. Trump or Clinton, I'll go independent-Johnson/Weld

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I'm not upset at all, this is just another topic unrelated to this forum, which gives ample opportunity for the trolls to come out. I'm an Army Vet who was in Afghanistan by January 2002, so I well know what our flag represents and those who fought for it also. This just isn't the place to drag up politics. There have to be about 100,000 other forums for people to give their political opinions.

Posts: 359 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 12 April 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I promise this is my last post on this subject.
@Whistleblower. First, the NFL has guidelines as to what a player can and cannot wear. There were quite a few players that were fined last year for wearing pink during breast cancer awareness month. This is a rule the NFL has in place. As far as cops telling you to get on the ground and you doing it.....not for me .....I have rights that I am not willing to give up. If I do something wrong and a cop approaches me and can verbalize what he is detaining me for, I will comply, but if they are just harassing me, then not just no but HELL NO, they do not have rights that trump mine as a law abiding citizen, PERIOD. As far as us losing jobs, I agree with you on most but we are not losingthe oil industry...we are producing more oil in this country than ever before. I'm with the person on the ticket that has said they would tax the businesses that leave this country to produce their product then try and sell it in America. As far as my vote, if Johnson had a snowballs chance, I would vote for him, but he doesn't as of now and I refuse to throw my vote because some a$$clown may get the nod as President. I do wish we had a do over in choosing our candidates. That's my 2 cents and I am done.

posted Hide Post
@WI Biomed & @Cane
I would be remiss if I didn't thank you both for your service. It is because of guys like you (and gals) that we enjoy so many freedoms in this great country. Thank you!

<Cubby>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Whistleblower:
You didn't address why the NFL fined players for wearing gloves and cleats to remember 9/11.

It's a uniform policy. Sponsors like Nike or Reebok pay to have their equipment worn. Same thing happened when players were wearing Beats to press conferences.

Report This Post
<Problem>
posted
Hunter , your part of the problem. No one that didn't stand for the national anthem didn't lose a loved one. Who are you going to call when you have been assaulted or robbed at gun point or carjacked? One of those cops I bet! (good or bad)

Report This Post