Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Union man
 Login/Join
 
<Benefit>
posted
According to the front page of Renalweb, the workers of 13 F clinics in NYC fight for their benefit today. If the rest of our country can stand up to support them, it will support yourselves eventually. It will be the same success for $15 across the nation as the fast food workers!
 
Report This Post
<No>
posted
No thanks
 
Report This Post
<odog>
posted
quote:
According to the front page of Renalweb, the workers of 13 F clinics in NYC fight for their benefit today. If the rest of our country can stand up to support them, it will support yourselves eventually. It will be the same success for $15 across the nation as the fast food workers!


what success for $15 fast food workers you speak of? Maybe one or two places decided to pay that. But I know as a family member is a regional manger for over ten fast food restaurants and they did not adopt any $15 an hr pay rate, they also have no problem finding people who want a job.

Also if we all stand toagther and request $15/hr I would have to take a pay cut no thanks.
 
Report This Post
<yes>
posted
Yes it would, but to many people are to lazy to stand up!
 
Report This Post
<GF>
posted
The only stand *I* am taking is to strike against union debates in this forum...
 
Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GF:
The only stand *I* am taking is to strike against union debates in this forum...

I'm with you 100%.

GF for President!!

Chuck


DISCLAIMER : My opinions and views are mine and may not be the same as my employer.
 
Posts: 1787 | Location: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Report This Post
<Guest22>
posted
So far only two businesses have been able to meet the $15 wage demands in the states or cities that have decided to adopt it. An upscale restaurant and an upscale resort, both in Washington. The key word here is "upscale". That means they probably already charge $75 for a 6 ounce steak and $300 a night for a room. There are way more stories of mom and pop operations, or franchises, being forced to shut their doors or lay off people to stay in business. Nobody starts a business to be a charity, they do it to provide for themselves and their families. Once they can no longer do that, why stay in business.
 
Report This Post
<biomed2>
posted
Mister president, since your for companies to take advantage of you and not stand for what is right send me some money.
 
Report This Post
<jay>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Guest22:
So far only two businesses have been able to meet the $15 wage demands in the states or cities that have decided to adopt it. An upscale restaurant and an upscale resort, both in Washington. The key word here is "upscale". That means they probably already charge $75 for a 6 ounce steak and $300 a night for a room. There are way more stories of mom and pop operations, or franchises, being forced to shut their doors or lay off people to stay in business. Nobody starts a business to be a charity, they do it to provide for themselves and their families. Once they can no longer do that, why stay in business.



Same here I didn't plan on doing charity work for a greedy dialysis company. I do it to provide for myself and family. With all the new unions in the works it will get better for the unionized workers. Fresenius's future plan's are for you to live off of government subsidies like WalMart.
 
Report This Post
<*I*>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by GF:
The only stand *I* am taking is to strike against union debates in this forum...


President GF, I can believe someone is twisting your arm to make you and your Vice President read this forum. Shame on them!
 
Report This Post
<Guest22>
posted
quote:
Same here I didn't plan on doing charity work for a greedy dialysis company


So you're opening your own business then? Sorry you feel you have to do charity work for your company. I get paid for every minute of work I do, even if it goes into overtime. If you work for free you have to take part of the blame.
 
Report This Post
<jay>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Guest22:
quote:
Same here I didn't plan on doing charity work for a greedy dialysis company


So you're opening your own business then? Sorry you feel you have to do charity work for your company. I get paid for every minute of work I do, even if it goes into overtime. If you work for free you have to take part of the blame.


You do charity work for Fresenius when they pay you for half of what the job consist off. I have more responsibilities than can possibly be done in 40 hours and there is no overtime if you want to be employed here.
 
Report This Post
<Cubby>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by jay:
there is no overtime if you want to be employed here.


Then do the overtime, since you already don't want to be employed there.
 
Report This Post
<biomed2>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Cubby:
quote:
Originally posted by jay:
there is no overtime if you want to be employed here.


Then do the overtime, since you already don't want to be employed there.

What if you do want to be employed and don't have enough time in the week to get done and by all means don't you go over 1 min. Past 40 hours. What are you to do? In my opinion this is why fellow biomeds are turning to the Union. Because you still have people that give a damn about what they are doing and find it very dissatisfing that you can not get the job done right. To do the job and do it right takes time.
 
Report This Post
<odog>
posted
exactly if you don't like your job and love the unions. go get a union job! sounds like you'd be a perfect union rep go ask them for a job and see what happens. let me guess they asked you to volunteer and do work for them for free.
 
Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  

Closed Topic Closed


Copyright RenalWEB 2017