Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

gowns
 Login/Join

posted
What does everyone use for gowns in the treatment room. Our staff uses level 3 impervious gowns but was wondering what type and level everyone else uses and if one is more breathable than others?
thank you
these are my opinions and not my employer's

Posts: 499 | Registered: 18 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<pops>
posted
joey
we use what the company provides, they are white
semi impervious to liquid for iso we use a blue
plastic apron totally impervious to liquids

disclaimer my views and no one else Razzer

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks again pops...we had a white level 3 but the staff were baking in them so we moved to a level 2 yellow...iso we use probablt the same blue ones you described

Posts: 499 | Registered: 18 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little late to the party here, but we were using yellow, washable gowns for the whole tx area. We are now switching to an impervious "disposable" apron. I don't have any details yet as we are in the trial phase...but everyone's hopes are high.

They were going through the yellow gown due to the laundering process. Every batch had a percentage which was garbage (ripped, ties broken, etc). This will also save in transporting clean/dirty gowns to our outer clinics weekly. They can just order them with their normal stock and call it a day.

It's not every day that something comes along in this field that appears to make life that much easier (and safer honestly) for everyone...

Posts: 353 | Location: Upstate, NY | Registered: 11 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post