RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Staff Lounge  Hop To Forums  Nurses and Techs    The editor of this site

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The editor of this site
 Login/Join

<Guest>
posted
I think that I may be finished with this site. It seems that the editor never has anything good to say about the dialysis industry. We in Texas are killing ourselves trying to get our Centers open for our Patients. And yes, some of our estimates of when that will happen can change from hour to hour. I know that the Big 2 have their problems (I don't work for either)but GIVE US A BREAK during this time. It's not always about the money as you suggest.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would never criticize the workers who are saving lives.

My complaint is with the industry powers and their surrogates that withhold information from patients, their families, and their caregivers.

At least one executive from a for-profit company has bragged about how much money they make during disasters. There are tremendous financial incentives to withhold information. This allows patient hoarding and profiteering.

Patients deserve to be given truthful information about clinic closures so they can save their own lives and preserve their health.

The nurses and technicians that are saving lives are not withholding this information. They are heroes.

<Guest again>
posted
I would just say that the majority of patients are getting information from our Clinic Level staff at this time. And sometimes the Executives that are putting out the information are relying on the facility guidance. As I said, The conditions are changing from hour to hour so could it be possible that they were told that a facility would be ready to open at a certain time and then some additional issues arose that prevented that from happening?

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My biggest criticisms are for KCER. They have more information than anyone and they don't share it with the public or the patients. What people want most during disasters is information. KCER ignores that.

They are publically funded. They give far too much power and control to the for-profit providers. Why? Let's wait until this is over before going into that.

<guest2>
posted
You may not be criticizing the workers, but to take any stab at the industry right now is pretty disgusting. When you say "At worst", that means you're speculating instead of waiting for the correct information. National Enquirer level journalism at it's finest. The situation here has been so fluid that it's not surprising that someone a thousand miles away doesn't have the exact numbers. Those of us on the ground in Houston are only started getting a more accurate idea of what's going on. I used to love reading the front page of Renalweb because I actually could learn something every now and then. Now anytime I see "Editor's Note", I know it's going to be a hit piece.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If no one -- either in Houston, Denver or Florida -- knows what is going on a week after the dialysis treatment schedules were interrupted, then I would say this is a horrible disaster for patients, and it needs to pointed out immediately.

<guest2>
posted
You are not here and have no idea what is going on right now. This was not simply a typical hurricane that blew through and left some flooding with a few clinics closed. This isn't my first hurricane or tropical storm, so I know the difference. Some clinics may not reopen for weeks. Contractors are making evaluations now, but they are not miracle workers and can't be everywhere at once. Also, there is continued flooding in some parts of town three days after the storm. It hasn't been a week like you say. This was an unprecedented weather event that lasted for days. Parts of the town are still flooding due to runoff from higher elevations, and the deliberate opening of dams to keep them from totally collapsing. There are patients and staff that still can't get to their clinics. Funny how if the storm was a week ago, I was unable to get to work until late on Wednesday.

Editor's note: Relevant information on the disaster was kept. Anonymous judgments were deleted. RenalWEB does not edit or delete postings when the author provides his/her real name and a valid e-mail address.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gary Peterson,

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
So if the editor is so concerned with the safety of patients, and not feeding his agenda, is there anything being done besides bashing organizations he doesn't care for? If life or death information is being kept from patients, it seems like CNN would be a better place to hand out these "facts", and not just a website that only dialysis EMPLOYEES frequent.

Report This Post
<Guest V>
posted
At the very least, there seems to be only one person concerned about the well being of dialysis patients and their access to accurate information. So if Mr Peterson wasn't around, who would stand up for them? YOU?

And who would you blame next?

Report This Post
<odog>
posted
for what its worth, I've only looked at front page of this website maybe 3 times in the last 6 yrs. just copy and paste link right to tech forum. Personally I really like this website for both the info and the comic relief of reading others in same job with same complaints. so a big thanks to however runs it and I'm glad they do. An editor opinion is just that his opinion, everybody is entitled to that, if you don't like it don't read it.

Report This Post