RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Staff Lounge  Hop To Forums  Nurses and Techs    How do we assemble a union or fight for our right?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do we assemble a union or fight for our right?!
 Login/Join

<Fighting>
posted
I know this topic has been brought up a few times. Union or no union. First question is who do we talk to about finding a union rep. If we don't want to go union would anyone. E up for standing up and fighting for better work conditions? We as bio meds have taken on more crap then Biomed staff did 20 years ago. We need to be heard! Some of us have done "city council" meetings. Some have disscussedbissues. Nothing has been resolved. Raises are a joke while atoms get paid a heft amount along with rtom and rvp's. They once gave bonuses but now it's only to upper mangamnet. Quaility of work from us has taken a dive due to the push on hours. 40max unless you are on call and only then your questioned. Some of the lifers are maxed in there pay and don't want to rock the ship. We are Biomed not stock boys, or inventory skanks. Our concern are the patients and making sure the equipment is safe while staying within safe standards of the prescriptions that are made up of. The big F does reviews around April! Most jobs give a 10% for the laziest employees. We are Biomed we are hand picked (most of us). We trouble shoot on the fly. We need to be paid! If the CEO can get large bonuses for sitting through meetings; everyone should get a piece of the pie. We work all hours on call off call weekends nights to make sure these clinics run. I love my job but I shouldn't have to work two jobs! With the threat of this job comes first! Stand with me guys what can we sort out!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Remember>
posted
I was here twenty years ago, you ain't seen nothing!
if you're treated that poorly, find a new job. This is America your always free to find other opportunities.
By the way if you think the ATOM or CEO jobs are that good go back to school and get one of those jobs.

posted Hide Post
These posts crack me up. Like a union is going to solve all the issues!

Greed is the problem. More money will not fix the issues because the people who make the decisions, are only worried about money.

I too struggled with I deserve this or I deserve that, I'm not doing this or that, it's not my job.

Then I heard a sermon that completely changed my attitude towards my work, this verse spoke to me:
(Colossians 3:23-24)
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ!

I came from the union Steelworkers to be exact, and you want to talk about complaining, but making top dollar, then eventually being so greedy that the US steel making is just about gone! Greed is an evil thing planted by the enemy in our hearts. Give thanks you have a job!

Search me O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! (Psalms 139:23-24)

Posts: 108 | Location: In Christ | Registered: 16 November 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Guest>
posted
Then what happens when the union tells you to go out on strike if they can't negotiate a better deal for you? I have a friend who works at a refinery who was told to strike a couple of years ago. It dragged on and the poor guy was on Facebook every day selling his guns, tools, furniture, etc., to make ends meet. I guarantee you the guys that told him to strike didn't miss a paycheck.

<philosophical101>
posted
Though I support Unions in some areas and they have historically had a benefit for workers and safety.

Unions have no place in healthcare.

The power of a union is to strike.

Quality of care is intentionally disrupted during a strike.

Grandmas, Grandpas, Moms, Dads, Brothers, Sister, Sons and Daughters receive inadequate care or die during a strike.

Unions in healthcare are bad.

Utilize other more patient friendly ways to achieve your goals.