RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Staff Lounge  Hop To Forums  Nurses and Techs    Access cleansing done by patient-what to use

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Access cleansing done by patient-what to use
 Login/Join

<Bendertech>
posted
Could anyone tell me if there is wipes available to clean pt access prior to pt coming in to treatment area. My manager wants to get something of the sort to place in our waiting room so our patients are prepared before they get called in. Any help would be appreciated.

Report This Post
<Wipe boy>
posted
I would recommend that you have a dedicated sink with hot and cold water and antibacterial soap on the treatment floor so the patients can wash their access site in front of the nursing staff to insure compliance. Baby wipes on the coffee table won't cut it.

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Bendertech:
Could anyone tell me if there is wipes available to clean pt access prior to pt coming in to treatment area. My manager wants to get something of the sort to place in our waiting room so our patients are prepared before they get called in. Any help would be appreciated.

Soap and water.......

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
We just use soap and water too. Some patients try to come in and clean their access then go back to the waiting area to save a few seconds when they are called in for treatment. If they do that they are told to clean it again because we don't know what they have done between cleaning and coming back into the treatment area.

Report This Post