New
Find
Notify
Tools
BioMed morale
 Login/Join

<biomed guest>
posted
It's getting bad out there with the big F. When will the higher ups figure out that there is a problem? When all the biomeds leave? There are other companies that are offering less work and more money. How can the big f compete anymore? And keep their experienced biomeds? Anyone else in the same situation?

Report This Post
<Gueeest>
posted
And here I was thinking its only AZ thats effected with this... Union time

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
The thing is higher ups know the problem but they dont care, they dont mind hiring someone new and training them cauae they don't have any involvement what so ever. All they care about is numbers. Sad but true

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
Why should the higher ups worry? They can just hire and have someone train another monkey. At least that's what I'm told that a monkey could be trained to do my job. Morale we don't need no stinking morale.

Report This Post
<guerst>
posted
I know of two nearby areas where a lot of biomeds quit at the same time. One area is down to an ATOM and biomed. If this ATOM is like my ATOM, he will be very rusty on machine maintenance. He might not be much help. They have sent out word that they need help to get routine stuff done, much less troubleshooting. They want someone to come to their area and stay one complete week. You know this will be an on-going problem. Someone cannot just walk in and assume two clinics right off the bat. It will takes months before someone can do the routine stuff, much less unusual stuff like troubleshooting, RO problems, SDS problems, wall leaks, etc.

Someone, somewhere is seeing the exodus of biomeds. Maybe it is part of an overall plan to make us more lean and competitive. Maybe they just want to implement their agenda and who cares where the chips fall? Maybe some bean counters are thinking... " We can get the company where we want and all those who leave are just weak anyway. We are better off without them." Well, you will get reap what you sow. If you want to pay less for less experienced people, get ready to face the consequences.

Not to make this too much of a political thing, but if we can get a change in financial policy with the coming election and grow some jobs, then, when jobs start opening up, all the good people will leave as soon as possible. You will definitely see a massive exodus at that time!!!

Just my 2 cents worth. Take it for what you want.

Report This Post
<carsize>
posted
I know morale in my area and my own personal morale is in the dumper.

Report This Post
<North east>
posted
The morale over here sucks too cause when somebody leaves wont hire somebody to replace them if the budget does have space for 40 hours, we loss two biomeds around the same time and they only hired one now we have another transferring and the hire ups told my cm they cant replace them cause the tap only has room for 30 hours not 40 so my area is went from 8 to 6 biomeds with no overtime allowed to make up for the clinic that he is vacating

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
I heard Fresenius is trying to cut there technical department to only be 10% of the company so its like you said they know there a problem but its helping there plans
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
Why should the higher ups worry? They can just hire and have someone train another monkey. At least that's what I'm told that a monkey could be trained to do my job. Morale we don't need no stinking morale.

Report This Post
<Sgt>
posted
Morale is low in all areas. I am in an acute program and any time a "hot mission" comes up from my Army reserve unit I volunteer. Its pretty sad that someone has to go active duty with the army to get a break from being a Bio Med.

Report This Post
<Don't understand>
posted
I am UNION. I don't understand why peoples are crying for how bad their jobs, how bad their companies are. Once I talking about union, 95% peoples on this site all the sudden love their jobs, love their companies, love their patients. I just don't understand. I can tell you that, 95% peoples say they are going to leave, 10 years later, they still in the same job, same company. I just don't understand.

Report This Post
<long gone>
posted
I left awhile back and it was the best decision I ever made. I was sick and tired of all of the different "managers" that wanted their monthly reports and special requests made a premium rush type of situtation. I swear a had 9 different "managers" to report to. Each one of them trying to justify their existence based on my efforts. I've never seen such a mismanaged organization as the F, and I was in the military. One day, the F will wake up and finally see they are way to top heavy and middle heavy with a bunch of useless, overpaid, self-important blowhards that are wasting not only the company's money but alot of our time. Most of the tasks that need to get done if you didn't have to send out 20 different emails everyday if you drove to a clinic and changed a light bulb.

Report This Post
<GuesD>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Don't understand:
I am UNION. I don't understand why peoples are crying for how bad their jobs, how bad their companies are. Once I talking about union, 95% peoples on this site all the sudden love their jobs, love their companies, love their patients. I just don't understand. I can tell you that, 95% peoples say they are going to leave, 10 years later, they still in the same job, same company. I just don't understand.

95% of people who quote percentages are making 95% of the percentages up.

Report This Post
<Pileon>
posted
Cutting staff and then keep adding duties makes it even worse. At some point you have to say it can't be done in 40 hours. As long as it gets done, they are happy. So, don't pencil whip, they need to hear "there wasn't enough time in the month to get it all done!"

Report This Post
<Blomp!>
posted
I've been to two job interviews and haven't gotten called back on either one. I just submitted like 3 applications yesterday and one today. We'll see. I found out last week that they want a 27 tx: 1 machine ratio in the acute units, which means one unit is going to go from 2 machines down to just 1, which means that I, or whoever is on call will be getting called on Christmas at 2 am or Thanksgiving at midnight. If that starts, I may just take a pay cut and leave. I'm in the process of refinancing my student loans so that they are income-based, meaning a pay-cut will result in smaller monthly payments. I told my ATOM I'm trying to leave, not much he could say. The guy up the road from me is gone as of tomorrow, found a job at a hospital. If they want to trim some fat, get rid of these desk "technical" people that get to wave the banner of "technical", yet haven't turned a screw-driver in 20 years. They don't keep clinics running and revenue rolling in, they juggle papers. Technical needs to be reduced to biomeds, ATOM's, and a bigwig or council of bigwigs overseeing the ATOM's, the end. Not 15 rungs between me and the CEO and rung #2 is the highest rung that actually does manual labor. But as I've said ad-nauseam, this company is a managers club, and the club will defend itself first and foremost.

I'm afraid TMS is going to make us robots. The "borg" will dictate what we do and when we do it, and otherwise we are to leave and stare at our cell-phones at the house until the borg beckons. If you are the guy who calls the shots, and you never have to enter a clinic, ever, then what's it to you if you drive the morale of the company down into an inferno of destruction? As long as you get to leave your desk at 5 pm and return at 8 am, you can just keep you head above the clouds and ignore the Armageddon down below. When it's all said-and-done, if all BMT's leave a certain network, the ATOM's life will be a living hell, while the guy calling the shots won't feel the slightest bump from the chaos. Once enough Biomeds leave that RTOM's and Field VP's have to get their screw-drivers out, then you'll see a change.

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Pileon:
Cutting staff and then keep adding duties makes it even worse. At some point you have to say it can't be done in 40 hours. As long as it gets done, they are happy. So, don't pencil whip, they need to hear "there wasn't enough time in the month to get it all done!"

I started in 2006 and said it couldn't be done in 40 hrs so we unionized. The biomeds that were not union at big F, that I know that stopped pencil whipping and started saying they did not have time to get everything completed in 40 hrs lost their jobs.

Report This Post