RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Staff Lounge  Hop To Forums  Nurses and Techs    Acute CRRT dialyzers/filters

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Acute CRRT dialyzers/filters
 Login/Join

posted
We are in the process of starting a new CRRT program. I have been getting quotes from all of the local reps on the various disposables. The one rep is of the opinion that CRRT can be performed with a normal small hi-flux dialyzer (FX60). This would be a great cost saver, but I thought CRRT dialyzers had a longer "life-span", were less likely to clot etc. We'll be using the Fresenius multifiltrate (MF) machine.

What are all of you using? Anyone have experience/opinions using one or the other?

Posts: 10 | Location: RSA | Registered: 30 January 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You should be using Hemofilters, and not dialyzers. If you must use a dialyzer rather use FX600 or FX800. I found the Prismaflex the best CRRT machine to use. Anticoagulation is the big secret to filter clotting.Good Luck.

Posts: 38 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 17 January 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Kevi. Any specific brand of Hemofilter which you would recommend?

posted Hide Post
We have no problems with the NxStage. Check out the NxStage video on their website.

Posts: 2 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 21 March 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry no specific brand that I can recommend. Go with what you have that you think is best for what you want to achieve. The Prismaflex filters are attached to the lines.
Nay Nay the Nxstage is not available here yet. hopefully next year if they can find an agent.The Surdial X looks very promising as an CRRT machine.

Posts: 38 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 17 January 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. I've ordered a few in the spec range and price range that we are looking at, will change brands if needed at a later stage.

As a side note, I found out the the FX range does not fit onto the MF lines anyway. So we have to use hemofilters. Anyone know what the actual difference is between a normal dialyser and a hemofilter? Only better middle mol clearance?

posted Hide Post
oh yes. the fx does not have the locking dialysate ports. yes its just higher uf.