New
Find
Notify
Tools
Benefits????
 Login/Join

<Whistleblower>
posted
So its open enrollment time and I feel I'm getting bent over a table and rammed in the A$$. Is this the norm all around or does anyone actually get decent benefits? They seem to get worse every year and we pay more and more. Obviously, hospital based clinics probably get better bennies than F or D. And F has different benefits for different areas, like Massachusetts or Utah , has more options, way to bone your employees and take care of yourselves. Just have to vent, how this gotten so out of hand/

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
Sir, this is why you need a union. However, 95% viewers on this site are against the union. If we are not union, nothing we can do. Just take whatever they dumb to us.

Report This Post
<Whistleblower>
posted
I would agree to the union if the company would agree to it. All they have to do is fire us at this point. I was in a union and it for the most part was fine. But it always protected that guy who didn't do anything and was always missing. Always had good benefits at a good price

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
Well, nothing we can do now. Just swallow whatever they gave you.

To answer your saying of the union kept the bad guy. It is totally wrong. As long as the employee (union) does his duty, which is print out on the job description. From the view of the union, he is ok. May be he is slow, took several days to fix a machine instead of in hours. The employer can't use this to fire him. Just for example.

If the employee does not do the work on the job description, the union can't protect him.

Report This Post
<Not me>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Union man:
Well, nothing we can do now. Just swallow whatever they gave you.

To answer your saying of the union kept the bad guy. It is totally wrong. As long as the employee (union) does his duty, which is print out on the job description. From the view of the union, he is ok. May be he is slow, took several days to fix a machine instead of in hours. The employer can't use this to fire him. Just for example.

If the employee does not do the work on the job description, the union can't protect him.

So the union backs someone that drags their feet and backs the other person that does it on time???? That's the problem right there!

Report This Post
<Cane>
posted
So the fix is more people saying "that's not part of my job" then already do now? Why do you think once upon a time unions were the norm, and thriving, but that number has dwindled significantly over the last few decades?

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
Ok, ok, ok, union is bad, union is very bad. So, please don't cry for no benefit, please don't cry for no free medical, please don't cry for no free Persian. Just take whatever your employer gave to you and cheer! Non union is the best, ok?

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
Cane and all union basher, fast food restaurant employees get $15 per hour across the nation by just flipping the burger and get a free Big Mac for lunch. How much your techs make with so much responsibility?

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
Why they got $15 per hour? They union together across the nation and fight for themselves!

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
Cane, I know you work in the south, how much your tech makes per hour?

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
Anybody on this site makes less than or equal to $15 per hour, please apply a job at big M, your salary will be the same or even better, and you got a Big Mac for free everyday!

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
Cane, is it shame on us that some our fellow techs make less than $15 per hour?

Report This Post
<Cane>
posted
Please stop with the "I can get $15 to drop fries" because you're trying to skew information to make an argument. The areas of the country that pay $15 to fast food workers are also the areas with some of the highest costs of living ie. New York, Seattle, San Francisco and areas similar. Nobody in the less metro Southeast US is getting $15 to drop fries, which yes, that is where I live. Why exactly does am employer owe you "free" benefits, like medical, that you mentioned? Maybe not for the Big two, but the world of dialysis and reimbursement has changed drastically over the last few years for providers who don't have multiple revenue streams. I'm all for better benefits for all workers, and yes I've seen the benefits take a turn for the worst lately, but you can't run any business with a unsustainable model. This isn't management speech, it's just looking at our industry from a macro view, instead of only what's best for me.

I would never discuss what my folks make, but I know what salaries are in the Southeast, and everyone is being paid better than average. I'd give all my guys a raise tomorrow if it was up to me, but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way.

Report This Post
<Illiterate>
posted
If Union Guy is running the campaign to represent me then no thank you. Dude can barley put together a proper sentence.

I'm fine with working hard, and speaking up for myself.

Carry on...

Report This Post
<Union man>
posted
As I stated at the earlier post, 95% of this site viewers are against the union. To the original poster, nothing we can do, due to we are not united. You have to fight by yourself, or keep quiet.

Report This Post