RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Staff Lounge  Hop To Forums  Nurses and Techs    Anyone watching the TV show B Positive?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching the TV show B Positive?
 Login/Join

posted
I just wondered what people thought of this show. It is supposed to be based on the true story of a man with renal failure who wants a kidney transplant. A woman he knew in high school offers to be a donor for him, but she needs to stay off alcohol and drugs for three months.

Part of the show takes place in a dialysis unit.

Posts: 465 | Registered: 15 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<pops>
posted
is it on netflix Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is on CBS on demand. They are shooting more episodes. The banter between the patients and their nurse is pretty funny.

I am trying to figure out how the dialysis machines are running. They are Fresenius K machines. I swear it looks like sometimes the blood pumps are rotating clockwise and other times going counter clockwise.

Posts: 465 | Registered: 15 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<stuff>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dave74:
It is on CBS on demand. They are shooting more episodes. The banter between the patients and their nurse is pretty funny.

I am trying to figure out how the dialysis machines are running. They are Fresenius K machines. I swear it looks like sometimes the blood pumps are rotating clockwise and other times going counter clockwise.

because they are lol I watched this a couple times and I am yelling at the damn TV that the machine should not be running like that lol

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave74:
I just wondered what people thought of this show. It is supposed to be based on the true story of a man with renal failure who wants a kidney transplant. A woman he knew in high school offers to be a donor for him, but she needs to stay off alcohol and drugs for three months.

Part of the show takes place in a dialysis unit.

It's called strobe effect. I've also seen it called wagon wheel effect. It has to do with the revolutions per second and the frames per second that it is filmed that can make it look like something is spinning backward.

Posts: 869 | Registered: 18 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post