New
Find
Notify
Tools
Machine Ratio meeting
 Login/Join

<Northeast Big F>
posted
Has any body got any word on a a new machine ratio for biomeds. I hear the bosses in my area are having meeting today about it. I have a clinic with 46 machine where I only had to cover there now I was told that clinic only gets 85% of my time where it use to get me plus another biomed 8 hours a week.

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
I thought The ratio at Fresenius was 50 to 1 no including your water treatment equipment. I mean it doesn't matter any way cause we all know we go to more then 2 clinics a week to do work that's the Bif F way lol. Unless they going to cut bio meds its no change to me

Report This Post
<Dguest>
posted
The times they are a changing my friends. And not only for F. Buckle up or open the door and get out. The rides about to get a little rough.

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
Rough? If it gets any rougher I'll be paying the company to work here.

Report This Post
<south>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dguest:
The times they are a changing my friends. And not only for F. Buckle up or open the door and get out. The rides about to get a little rough.

I was told that by an old rtom and well he no longer with the company any more lol. need to embrace change in this field but not settle for it there needs to be a lil give and take in this field instead of just giving more work.

Report This Post
<odog>
posted
<Guest>

posted 12 April 2016 10:58 AM

Rough? If it gets any rougher I'll be paying the company to work here.

hahaha you made my day with this one Smiler

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
what company is pushing this

Report This Post
<SHhhhhh>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
what company is pushing this

Cant talk about this we been issued a gag order in my area till all details are final

Report This Post
<frazzled>
posted
Please let this be a nasty rumor. We are dying out here as it is. We can't survive any more reductions in biomed staff.

Report This Post
<NJ>
posted
I doubt they can expect us to maintain more than 50 machines per person, at good quality of work. That normally 2 clinics which I think is manageable with good policy in place to help us with the clinical staff side no honey to do list from cm.

Report This Post
<guerst>
posted
You know, the 50 machines per biomed is fine, if that is all it is. I have two clinics, which is fine. It is doable, but still quite busy in and of itself.. Throw on an acute program with three machines and portable ROs and it gets a little more sticky. Throw on a new stand-alone Home Therapies clinic and it becomes even more sticky. Now, admittedly, HT and acutes do not take much effort. But I still have to do portable disinfects and that takes a little time each month. Also, there are water samples, logs, PMs, etc associated with acutes. Now, the HT does not take too much time, just ER-1s for chairs, TVs, centrifuges, lights, fire extinguishers, etc. It takes a little bit of my attention each month. Not to mention the occasional NxStage install or return. I understand that the acute programs and the HT programs are going to sometime soon begin to have their own separate QAI meetings every month. so there is even more time being taken from somewhere else.

All of that to say this: I do not have that much unaccounted for time to take on much else new. However, new stuff keeps coming. It never ends. I don't even think I am treading water anymore.

Report This Post
<Blomp!>
posted
Hey! The big F--Kers only made 16 billion in revenue in the US in 2015 (up from 12B a few years back) and grew 8% which was above goal, and were able to acquire a struggling company that was dealing with lawsuits. Can't you see times are tough at the F? I dare them to increase the machine number per biomed. I will give that company that almost took me away in January, another call. I see they still have postings. To quote Toby Keith, "we'll give a fair ado, and flip the finger to....the FKC Taliban."

Report This Post
<biomed2>
posted
Has anybody heard what is going to change. There is nothing like working for this company they always seem to put the cart before the horse.

Report This Post
<Super Sonic>
posted
The machine numbers are really not the issue, IMO. 50 machines is certainly doable for 1 biomed. The thing that is missed in that number is how many CLINICS the biomed covers. 2 facilities should be the absolute maximum that a Big F biomed should be responsible for. We do so many other things besides biomed work that 2 clinics is more than enough to keep a 40 hour employee very busy. All of us that work for the FKC know how taxing it is to keep up with all of the day to day B.S. that is thrown at us and keep our equipment in good shape. I think the number of facilities MUST be factored into the equation, weather that's 40 to 1 or 50 to 1. 50 machines between 2 facilities is vastly different than 50 machines between 3 facilities. Throw an acute in there and it complicates the issue further. I think a lot of these corporate biomed people forget where they came from. We are having a major problem keeping biomeds as it is. How is throwing even more work at them going to help the problem? Insane.....

Report This Post
<lol>
posted
They are really concerned about what y'all think about the machine ratio and your work load. Funny.

Report This Post