New
Find
Notify
Tools
C.E.U.s
 Login/Join

<lifer>
posted
Does anyone know whether Davita and Fresenius provides free CEUs for PCTs? For those working in these companies, how do you get your CEUs?

Report This Post
<kokomojoe>
posted
just taliked to one of the nurses the ceu at the big F for the pcts some are free some cost money they need to get the class approved by education to insure that it is relevent to their jobs

Report This Post
<tech_eh>
posted
Davita has several CEU's available online for their employee's. Make sure to check your requirements for certification though, if you are CHT you will have to submit CEU's from different sources, not just online, some will have to be in person educational meetings. CCHT's I believe can do all of their CEU's online.

Report This Post
<april>
posted
Fresenius does a free CEU each month, you have to go into FMC4ME and I think it's under education. You can also go to kidney.org, the National Kidney Foundation offers many free CEU's. I've done many of theirs. Also, check with any nurses you know who might subscribe to Advanced for Nurses magazine. You have to pay for the CEU's that are in there, but they are faily inexspensive. Ask your facility if you get reimbursed for CEU exspense since this is now a mandatory certification and CEU's to keep your job. Hope this helps!

Report This Post
<BREBDOLYN>
posted
is there a book you purchase to get ceu's and is it true your credits have to be submited 3 months before your dead line date

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
Medscape also has free CEU's. You have to sign up but it is free. Then you have to choose the specialty field you want. Easy, and they have CEU tracker too.

Report This Post
<Ken>
posted
In regards to the requirement of CEU's for the CCHT certification, the NNCC recommends but does not require board approved CEU's. You can likely find enough free CEU's to meet the 30 hours in 3 year requirment. You can even use education you receive from your employer as long as the education is related to the scope of practice of the Dialysis Tech, is either new education or builds on existing education (meaning that it is not repeated education such as CPR or Fire Safety), and the educator maintains a record of the topic/material and length of the training. If you have any questions as to what is acceptable for those technicians that are CCHT certified you can contact either the NNCC or C-Net.

Report This Post
<Ken>
posted
Two great sources for free CEU's are the NKF website, the ESRD Networks (especially the Network that Florida is in.

Report This Post
<old school>
posted
You can obtain 15 contact hours FREE from AKF online

Report This Post
<Coco>
posted
In my opinion, there is no need to wait until licnese renewal time to get your CEU's. Sounds like a no-brainer, I know, but we have all noticed the increase in conference attendance the closer renewal time gets. People will go to most any conference up to three months before renewal, just to get CEU's. This restricts their freedom in learning what is applicable to their situation. Check schedules, look at websites, talk with other therapists at other hospitals and see what CEU opportunities they know about. Ask if they know of CEU opportunities in your area.

Report This Post
<Rafaela>
posted
Yes you should be able to move all over the USA with a RN degere, even from Hawaii.Read Maryland's website for more info about requirements. It would be under Board of medicine nursing.

Report This Post