New
Find
Notify
Tools
apheresis
 Login/Join

<old school>
posted
Are any technicians working in hospitals operating phereis machines.ît looks like the west coast is leading the way by hiring dialysis technicians to operate these machines.used to operate this machine in the navy in 1975 to obtain platelets for bone marrow patients

Report This Post
<water on the brain>
posted
old school
we have several in my area although the rn usually does the apherisis Rx and the acutes handle all treatments of this nature

disclaimer- my thoughts and not the bosses

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do those...only TPE treatments however. Yes, I am a dialysis technician. Yes, I live on the left coast and yes, we've had some modest successes. See below

20 years dialysis experience.
Bachelors degree
CBNT
CCNT

Posts: 29 | Location: Seattle, Washington | Registered: 19 October 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't happen in NY, nurse practice act only allows RN's to handle catheters.

Posts: 490 | Location: NYC | Registered: 04 November 2011Report This Post
<techgirl>
posted
Yes, we do it all here in the Windy City...phereis, PD, CVVH, HD, adult and ped's.

Report This Post
<savantissimo>
posted
Worthy1, I came upon this post perusing random bits of info, as I am also a dialysis technician in the Seattle area. Do you have word on any openings at UW? I've got 11 years both as PCT and Biomed from New York to Cali and would love to get involved with the UWMC

quote:
Originally posted by Worthy1:
Yes, I do those...only TPE treatments however. Yes, I am a dialysis technician. Yes, I live on the left coast and yes, we've had some modest successes. See below

Report This Post