Tools
CLIMB study
 Login/Join

posted
Has anybody read the CLIMB study?

Posts: 56 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 13 December 2010Report This Post
<old school>
posted
Yes,This was a study to validate the Crit-line monitors capabilities,to improve patient outcomes related to blood volume monitoring in selected dialysis clinics throughout the country

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, and it had surprizing outcomes. I don't think FMC would have purchased HemaMetrics if what they found was true.

<old school>
posted
I disagree.Fresenius bought the best blood volume monitor on the market.If you follow their machine platforms ,when new technology is developed they try to incorporate it into their machine.But the Crit Line was superior.Also i have observed that many Crit-line owners believe in it but many clinical staff do not utilze it properly.Thefore i belive this was the flaw in the study..

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Old School, I agree with you. We have had the crit lines for some time and we love them and use them on all patients in our acute unit. What I was saying was that I didn't see how the CLIMB study could be accurate and it's surely not what we've found. FMC wouldn't have invested in them if that was true. We have not had a code while on dialysis for a year, and prior to the crit lines we had 8-12 a year.