New
Find
Notify
Tools
Staring Dialysis Center in Houston
 Login/Join

<sam>
posted
I am investor and looking to invest in Dialysis business. Can somebody help me with the step by step process as to how to open Dialysis center in houston?

Thanks,

Sam

Report This Post
<John>
posted
Sam,

I am familiar with the Houston market and can help. Please call me at (954) 294-7555. Thanks.

John

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Sam,

I've been working in Dialysis business for almost 10 years in Malaysia and I am looking for investor to set up chains of dialysis center in Malaysia. There is a lot of potential here, anybody please email to farid_fadzlina@yahoo.com

<Khan>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by sam:
I am investor and looking to invest in Dialysis business. Can somebody help me with the step by step process as to how to open Dialysis center in houston?

Thanks,

Sam

I have been approached with a opportunity to open a Dialysis Center in the Phoenix area but don't know anything about running a dialysis center. I have a background in home care and hospice but dont know anything about dialysis. Where you able to find any information about the process and if so would you be kind enough to give me any advice?

Report This Post
<Mone>
posted
Investing in dialysis clinic is not without risk. Multiple things can go wrong leading to loss of complete investment. Biggest and obvious risk is that you have no control over how much you get paid from medicare and to most extent payer mix. In dialysis business, payer mix is every thing. If you don't have enough commercial patients (at least 10%), you will not make profit regardless of number of patients you have in clinic. If you have less than 5% commercial patients or no commercial patients, you make actually lose significant amount of money. In general, cost of dialysis treatment is more than what medicare/medicaid pays and dialysis companies compensate andmake profit by negotiating higher rates with private insurances (2-10 times more than medicare). Private insurances are also gradually cutting back on rates. With unemployment on rise, more and more patients starting dialysis have medicaid/medicare. In addition, patients may switch to medicare as early as 3 months after starting dialysis and all switch by 33 months. You therefore need constant supply of private payers.

Report This Post