New
Find
Notify
Tools
PCT certification
 Login/Join

<TechManager>
posted
With CMS starting to require PCT Certification, how are some of you going about it? Just getting Ideas.

thanks

Report This Post
<old school>
posted
Contact NANT.We can provide any and all of the info that you need .We have been doing this for years welcome aboard...

Report This Post
<Ms. P>
posted
Can you help someone pass this exam

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
May want to contact your local ANNA chapter, I know some of them have been hosting tests.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ms. P,

NANT has all the study materials that you will need. Go to the NANT website at http://www.dialysistech.net and click on the "Publications" tab at the top of the page.

Chuck

DISCLAIMER : My opinions and views are mine and may not be the same as my employer.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Report This Post
<MarisPeck>
posted
Does anyone know exactly which program certifications are accepted? I'm BONENT certified, but one person is telling me it's not accepted while another is telling me I'm good to go(?)

I am strapped for cash and don't want to shell out the $200 if I don't need to yet. Yes, I know about reimbursement, but times are tough and when money is need now, it's needed NOW!

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
MarisPeck: It really depends on the state you live in. In CT, either the BONENT cert. or the NNCC cert. is acceptable. Most techs take the NNCC which makes you a Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician(CCHT) because the exam costs less and requires fewer CEUs to maintain. The BONENT exam makes you a CHT, Certified Hemodialysis Technologist and is regarded in many cirles as more "prestigious" than the CCHT because of the level of difficulty of the test. Check with the state to see which exam is ok to take.

Report This Post
<Sally Burrows-Hudson>
posted
An online Hemodialysis Review Course with post test questions is available at www.nephrologyclinicalsolutions.com Select Hemodialysis Review from the menu. Content outline, learning objectives, course content, and follow-up post quiz are available with 10.3 contact hours.

Content is self-paced, meaning you can stop at any point and the program will remember where you left off. Content includes:
1. Kidney Anatomy, Physiology and Pathophysiology
2. Principles of Dialysis, Hemodialysis System, and Medical Technology
3. Patient Evaluation and Monitoring during Treatment
4. Hemodialysis Vascular Access
5. Hemodialysis Delivery System Review
6. Water Treatment - Dialyzer Reuse
7. Patient Education
8. Documentation and environmental safety

Final Quiz

Report This Post
<NewestGuy>
posted
There's a cost to the course $125.00

Report This Post
<Nell>
posted
What is the different between a MS and a PCt can someone tell me this please

Report This Post
<MABLE>
posted
DO ANYONE KNOW IF THE CCHT EXAMINE IS BEING GIVEN ON THE COMPUTER YET?

Report This Post
<old school>
posted
It is slated to roll JAN2010.Check at www.nncc-exam.org look for the instructions to take the test at one of 250 sites.

Report This Post
<Zainey>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by MABLE:
DO ANYONE KNOW IF THE CCHT EXAMINE IS BEING GIVEN ON THE COMPUTER YET?

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
You may be able to find the information you are seeking at one of the sites below.

[Dialysis technicians employed as of 10/15/2008 must be certified by April 15, 2010. The website addresses for the three nationally approved tests are below.

NNCC – nncc-exam.org
BONENT – bonent.org
NNCO – ptcny.com/clients/nnco

In addition to other resources available, please note that FMQAI - The ESRD Network of Florida has valuable free information, including 10 recorded WebEx training sessions, available on their website. These recordings and other resources can be found at http://www.fmqai.com/esrd-PCTC.aspx]

Report This Post
<<B>>
posted
Guest, Thank you very much for the link! Excellent stuff.

Report This Post