New
Find
Notify
Tools
Home use of Hemodialysis machines
 Login/Join

<Eric>
posted
I am looking for examples of the various dialysis machines being used for home use around the globe. Name of machine and date started therapy will suffice.

Report This Post
<John>
posted
I'm sure about every model is being used at home somewhere. Why may I ask?

Report This Post
<Eric>
posted
Canadian GST tax law states that a dialysis machine that "can be used" in residence (home) is zero-rated (taxable at a zero rate). If it can be proved that all hemodialysis machines can be used in the home then all parts and accessories can be zero rated as well. This would make the dialyzers and other accessories cost less to the patients and customers.

Report This Post
<vlynn>
posted
Nxstage

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We have Fresenius 2008K machines in our home patients. Same machines as our clinics.

Posts: 139 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Report This Post
<dave>
posted
NxStage and 2008K for nocturnal dialysis. NxStage is now the machine of choice for us.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a dialysis patient since 1978 with only one transplant that only lasted close to 3 years, since then been doing home dialysis since 2004 and have a kidney dialysis video blog at http://dailyhemo.org .. now and then will syndicate dialysis related videos .. you can search the archives and search for the various dialysis machines being used today... if you have a video you would like syndicated let us know!

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 July 2007Report This Post
<RollinWaters>
posted
Fresenius 2008K@ Home Version; much smaller version of the 2008K used in the Main Clinics. Great to work on and use; if you set up the propper RO/Water Treatment set-up.

NB, Canada

Report This Post
<Mainetech>
posted
Nxstage is our choice here. Most user friendly and reliable in my opion

Report This Post
<North>
posted

Report This Post