Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
PD Machine-Baxter or Newton?
 Login/Join

posted
My dad uses the Baxter HomeChoice machine for his overnight PD. His bathroom is quite far from his bed so all the waste liquid is collected in a large (paint) bucket and we roll it to the bathroom every moring and dump the 5+ gallons of waste in the toilet-hassle, heavy & gross. Recently I have seen info on the Newton IQ that bags the waste water in smaller bags and this seems much more sanitary. Does anyone know the advantages/hassles to changing? Is the Newton much more user friendly? Is is difficult to learn?

mary

<SuzyJ>
posted
The Newton would be an excellent choice for him. Many people say it is much more user friendly.

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
Baxter does have drainage bags available. There are also tubing extentions that may work depending on the distance to the bathroom. Contact his Baxter supply representative to explore these options.

Report This Post
<cath-hater>
posted
You order drain lines. They go from machine to tub or toilet. It eliminates the need for drain bags. They are pretty long so it should reach one or the other.
I use the Newton and I love it. I use drain lines as well. No messy/heavy bags to dump afterwards.

Report This Post