New
Find
Notify
Tools
Next stage dialysis
 Login/Join

<Willtech>
posted
Could anyone presently using this sistem share their experience on this new technology ie available fetures, cost of operation,patient responce,etc.

Report This Post
<Kilkenny>
posted
My husband is enjoying using Next Stage. Like any type of dialysis I'm sure it has it's good and bad points... but I am happy to report he has been on Next Stage since Aug. 2008 and his labs are as good as can be expected for someone on dialysis. The up side is you can do it anytime of the day.. you can sleep, if your helper stays awake, It is less expensive than going in center.. so Medicare will pay for up to 7 days a week .. so your body recieves more natural.. consistant dialysis.. so you are healthier... feel better.. have less HIGHS and lows than in center because of less coming off more times a week.. We can travel and Next Stage will send our supplies to our destination before we arrive and all we have to take is our cycler and a few medical supplies! We can stay on our schedule.. no waiting for turn over at the clinic!! We have 24 hour access to help from our clinic and from Next Stage.. you never are on your own.. We feel we have much more control of a totally out of our control situation. We can better manage his health.

The down side is you have to have a helper.. and any time the helper is unavailable.. you still have to have your dialysis.. so you would have to go in center.. since it is my husband.. I have been "available" daily. Some states have mobile dialysis that will come to your home if your partner is unavailable. Storage is another big issue.. our supplies take up the size of a large walk in closet.. it is less if you are on the concentrate instead of the premixed bags..Both the patient and helper will miss about a month of work.. however; we were able to work half days for most of the training. also you need to order your own supplies from at least 2 companies.. some monthly and some bi-monthly. For us the ups far outweighed the downs

Report This Post
<Jack-X>
posted
Kilkenny:
The company I currently work for is developing a portable HD machine for home and travel. I am curious as to what insurance company you have that pays for 7 times a week? Is Medicare involved? Thanks for any comments.

Report This Post