New
Find
Notify
Tools
CMS requirements
 Login/Join

<Biomed tech>
posted
I'm trying to find what CMS requires for NxStage water/dialysate/water analysis testing. If someone could give me some direction at a website. NxStage was no help.

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
See the Conditions of Coverage Interpretive Guidelines at http://www.nraa.org/Documents/SC-09-01_ESRDIGs1%201_memo.pdf

§ 494.40 Condition: Water and dialysate quality (V175-278) page 33

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think guest is missing the point. Nxstage water treatment is one unit without sample ports or access to the output of the first carbon filter. We are also looking for any guidance that would help us ensure our home program is in compliance.

Posts: 931 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 12 September 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nxstage doesn't use water for the treatments. Dialysate is prepared at the manufacturer or in a pharmacy. So I think either the manufacturer and/or pharmacy have to follow some type of guideline. They are prepared in a sterile environment as far as I know.

Posts: 503 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: 16 September 2009Report This Post
<Guest69>
posted
Nxstage does have a system called the Pure Flow. It will use the water from the faucet and sends it through a little Di system called a Pack to make the dialysate for the patient. It takes about 8 hours to make 1 batch and the patient can get 2 -3 treatment from it depending on there run lenth. AAMI test are done just like on a regular RO system and the city water must meet the standards otherwisse the are not allowed to use the pure flow system. The company I did work for did monthly cultures and LAL's on the dialysate. There is a place for the patient to do a chlorine check prior to doing there treatment and to making a batch of dialysate.

Report This Post