RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Nursing / Patient Care Issues  Hop To Forums  Peritoneal Dialysis (PD)    Why so Few Participants on P.D. Forums?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Why so Few Participants on P.D. Forums?
 Login/Join

<D. Pascoe>
posted
There are a half-donzen PD forums but they all have precious few participants and I wonder why.. PD has been around a while and there are a lot of us. Does it work so well and are we so satisfied the we don't have any questions, issues? I doubt that as after two good years on PD I still constantly have questions.

Any ideas?

Report This Post
<pops>
posted
I would ask your PD nurse or your nephrologist any questions you may have about your treatment

disclaimer my views an no one else Razzer

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be great to get more people involved in forums - I think that although you can get nurses to answer questions, there's sometimes a need for a second or third opinion. Unfortunately not all health professionals know their stuff well enough to answer all questions and in any case there's usually more than one answer to most questions.

posted Hide Post
As a long time viewer and a recent member, I think most people scroll through as guest. Need them to get more involved

posted Hide Post
It happens that some do researches on their own or ask their providers. Forums are helpful as we get to interact with people who have the same situation or might have knowledge and experience about a thing that concerns us.

By the way here is the Update on Peritoneal Dialysis: Core Curriculum 2016
http://www.ajkd.org/article/S0...(15)01064-1/abstract