New
Find
Notify
Tools
I think my catherer is coming out
 Login/Join

<Anna>
posted
I haven't pulled it or anything, but today I noticed a little like tubular thing coming out of the exit site.

Does anyone has experience with this?

Please, reply. I'm terrified. I'm shaking and crying here

Report This Post
<Jeff>
posted
Hi been taking care of my blind father so I understand. The pd tube scretches and comes out very little at certain days and it can take a couple of months maybe years. It depends on how you move usually, most often when you are sleeping. Just don't sleep on your belly.

Report This Post
<Jeff>
posted
just don't worry too much it's a common thing that happens. I am pretty sure during your next visit your nurse will say its good.

Report This Post
<Hadyn>
posted
That is normal. Do not be afraid. Just be careful not to sleep while your catherer is in a dangerous position. You can ask your doctor if you still feel uncomfortable.

Report This Post
<Anna>
posted
Thanks for the replies!

The surgeon decided to give me a new exit site. I had the surgery on Monday. They changed my prescription to low-dose.
But there has been bleeding from the exit site for a couple of nights. Is this normal?

Report This Post
<D.Pascoe>
posted
Yes, some bleeding is normal but it shouldn't last long. If it does, call your Dr. Also, it would be a good idea to firmly tape in place at night so any movement isn't going to pull on it. Get some 2" paper tape.

Report This Post