New
Find
Notify
Tools
fluid warmers for PD solutions
 Login/Join

<Midwest biomed>
posted
Hello, we are in search of a warmer for our PD fluids used by our clinic. I would appreciate any suggestions from other clinics/patients as to what you use to heat your solutions. I look forward to your replies!

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen everything from a heating pad to microwave used. It wasn't one of our patients but I have heard of a guy that was a truck driver warm it in the engine compartment of his truck.

Chuck

DISCLAIMER : My opinions and views are mine and may not be the same as my employer.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Report This Post
<Earl>
posted
We use a cabinet warming device by Enthermics Medical Supply that holds up to 8 2L bags in a wire basket. It has a thermostat to regulate the temperature which we keep at 100 degrees.

Report This Post
<fyi>
posted
baxter makes one

Report This Post
<PD man>
posted
Take a look at www.renalfreedom.com these look really nifty and i have not seen anything as good as these ever for PD patients.

Report This Post
<PD>
posted
Forgot to mention I have just go in touch with the company and have mine on order, much better than baxters, can carry all my other essentials aswell.

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
Heating Pad inside an Igloo Cooler,

Report This Post
<Diane>
posted
We have an old warming cabinet and we need to develop a policy and procedure for its use with PD Fluid, does anyone have one they would care to share

Report This Post
<PD man>
posted

Report This Post
<dave>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by PD man:
This article may be of interest to some:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/health/article2001249.ece

Can't view this from work. Incidental nudity, or so the Smart Filter says.

Report This Post
<PD man>
posted
Dave

Go to : www.thesun.co.uk and search for Renal Freedom. No nudity in this article i assure you.

Report This Post