New
Find
Notify
Tools
Clogged dialysis vein
 Login/Join

<David>
posted
Hi. My Mother is 85 years old and a year and a half ago began dialysis. Yesterday we found out that she will have to be going through a dye test to see if there is a clogged vein in the chest area. The Doctors are pretty sure just by looking at her veins. She has very small veins and the Doctor said the clogged is too thick and the needle cannot penetrate in order to expand it with a balloon, there is nothing they can do for her. Her fistula is in her right arm, the left arm was tried before with no success. What options can I bring up with the Doctor for her?

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
Maybe you should let the MD decide what to do. "What options can I bring up with the Doctor for her?"- If you don't think that the doctor is up on options, maybe you need a new doctor.

Report This Post
<David>
posted
THank you for your reply. They did a dye test on her and it showed that her artery leading to her heart is clogged. The Doctor says there really isn't anything he can do to unclogg it without risking her life. He says she could continue doing dialysis for a couple of years before having to look for anyother artery on her leg to continue dialysis.

Report This Post