New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Phoenix XL meters
 Login/Join

<FKC Guy>
posted
Anybody having issues with the 'New" XL meters?
I have ,in the last 4 months, gone through 5!
Various problems from battery fluid leaking ,to not calibrating either ph or conductivity, to "no comm " errors. Hope its not just me!
Plus ,Mesa wont respond to phone or emails?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Guest>
posted
its crap.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FKC Guy:
Anybody having issues with the 'New" XL meters?
I have ,in the last 4 months, gone through 5!
Various problems from battery fluid leaking ,to not calibrating either ph or conductivity, to "no comm " errors. Hope its not just me!
Plus ,Mesa wont respond to phone or emails?

Hmm... I'm hearing mixed reviews about the new XL meters. But your situation is odd; 5 is a lot!

I currently have 3 new meters arriving at my clinic because we've (the staff) have lost (broken, defective, etc) all but one of ours at one of my clinics... I really hope my experience won't be the same as yours. :\

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jonathan T.,

--------------------
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. -Yoda

Posts: 15 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 19 July 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<FKC Guy>
posted
GOOD Luck!

<Bro>
posted
I have one on my desk almost everyday at one of my clinics because it won't calibrate, I just give it a good rinse and kind of play around with it. I too can't get a phone call back, and it seems as if nobody is ever at their desk, but I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles.

<je>
posted
only 2 weeks old and 2 meters are not measuring pH. One is stuck at 14.00 and other is at 0.00. Called Mesa and they will send me a replacement.

<rebel ron>
posted
Hey Chris , I told you should have kept the old ones.

posted Hide Post
Hey! I'm here to help.

We are experiencing some problems that are (and currently have been) being addressed for further product development. I wish we could snap our fingers and have that fixed, this is simply not the case.

Please reach out to me, we can evaluate the situation and of course replace the unit since there is not a traditional service process in place as there is with the older style pHoenix meter.

Chelsie Frisby
Assoc. Inside Business Consultant
cfrisby@mesalabs.com
(303) 987-8000 x 10100

Posts: 3 | Location: Lakewood, Colorado | Registered: 10 August 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kidney Ken>
posted
I have found that if you hit <SEL> at the wrong time while calibrating, all further readings will result in an "out of range" message and it will not longer let you perform calibrations to correct it.

<Guest>
posted
How often are you suppose to verify the pH probe on a 90XL ? We use the red 4.0 solution to store the probe in between uses. Do you have to verify the probe with 7.0 solution every time before you use it ?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
How often are you suppose to verify the pH probe on a 90XL ? We use the red 4.0 solution to store the probe in between uses. Do you have to verify the probe with 7.0 solution every time before you use it ?

You need to verify before every use, if it is within acceptable tolerance you do not need to calibrate. Calibrate as needed or if you verify and reading is out of acceptable tolerance.

Pg. 22 90XL User Manual for reference:
http://dialyguard.mesalabs.com/documents-manuals/

Chelsie Frisby
Assoc. Inside Business Consultant
cfrisby@mesalabs.com
(303) 987-8000 x 10100

Posts: 3 | Location: Lakewood, Colorado | Registered: 10 August 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Whistleblower>
posted
I personally don't like them, feel they are too hard to calibrate, star hasn't complained too much. Maybe they gave up already

<Kid Knee>
posted
Hate'em. Mesa Labs not much help when you can get them to return your call. Nurses wont use them. Decided to go with strips and the Myron L hand held meters.

posted Hide Post
Well... Managed to get one of the new meters... Not a single second of actual useage and already the meter won't calibrate no matter what we do, nor will it read any readings. Funny part is, it states that it was "calibrated" on the sticker on it. Mesa was even nice enough to not even include a user/owners manual / instructions inside the box. LOL. What a joke. Overpriced piece of junk.

If you ask me... They should have stayed with the previous model. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

--------------------
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. -Yoda

Posts: 15 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 19 July 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post