RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dialysis Technician Forums  Hop To Forums  Dialysis Technical Forum    T machine not transferring Bp from machine to QCS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T machine not transferring Bp from machine to QCS?
 Login/Join

<SO>
posted
Ok here is what I got? I have 3 machines that do not transfer the treatment data, blood pressures, etc... I have changed the Ethernet cable plugging in to the machine,the rs232 cable and the adapter also, we have moved the machine from other stations, the problems follows it, I also, replaced the Ethernet connector on the machine and cord running from it into the UI mic Board. I was told by Fresenius it was the UI board and it needed to be replaced. so I ordered new boards. Installed the new board and still nothing, its not connecting still where it can transfer the data in QCS. IT has linked in and looked at it and says it correct on their end that it is the machine. Any help would be great

PS Anything specially I have to do when replacing the UI BOARDS or just pull and plug and go?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Cubby>
posted
I don't remember where on the function board the rainbow cable from the blood pump is supposed to plug in, but try verifying with a working machine that its plugged into the right spot.

<NeoLeonidas>
posted
Went through this same issue so the next time it happend because sometimes PCT's move the machine around so much cables get jarred loose. When you look at the function board there's 5 of those slots that possibly could be where you connect that rainbow colored ribbon. So the first one that's facing you it's the second slot that you need to connect that ribbon cable. Good Luck fellow Biomed

<KTS>
posted
Did you change the cable connector from back of machine to the UIMics board?

<SO>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by KTS:
Did you change the cable connector from back of machine to the UIMics board?

KTS: Yes I have tried swapping that Ethernet connector and cord both that run to the UI mic board also.

<Guest>
posted
I am having the same issue for several months. I have called Fresenius tech support with no success.

<Guest>
posted
If you replaced the UI board then you should re-image the machine and then see if it works.

<Guest>
posted
communication setting correct?

<Guest>
posted
Yes communication settings correct. This machine
transferred data for the first 8 months. I am attempting to get the Big F to repair this issue since it is on warranty.

<SO>
posted
Update. Had three machines with this problem, after changing the UI board ( on 3 machines at $1,100ea because Fresenius tech support said it has to be this and couldn't be anything else, if all those other items listed had been replaced already.), Ribbon cable, cables running from the machine and rs232 port itself. It Ended up being the function boards on all 3 machines. even though I asked if that could be the cause in the very beginning and they said no if it was the function board, I would have other problems with the machine not just this issue. turns out that is inaccurate. It was the function board in all 3 machines!