New
Find
Notify
Tools

T Machine screen Failure
 Login/Join

<Tim>
posted
I have a T Machine with about 2000 hrs that has a screen issue. When it was being used on the floor the screen was a lime green color for the machine side and normal on Chairside. Machine was pulled for flow error during disinfect. While waiting for machine to start up I notice the screen was getting lighter. Got called out on the floor and by the time I came back it was blank on the machine side and Chairside was fine.
Wednesday I fired it up and I was going to swap boards in T&C mode but now the display is a grayish white. No way to do anything on the machine side. This machine has been a problem child since we got it 3 years ago.
Looks like I'm ordering a new board. All the cables appear fine, not pinched or off. Strange!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Screen>
posted
Did you replace the display monitor? That took care of the green for me.

<Tim>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Screen:
Did you replace the display monitor? That took care of the green for me.
No, since it works normal for Chairside I don't see it being the screen. Looking to order the UI/MICS board with PC

<Guest>
posted
Order the display. It's not going to be the board. I've had machine screen be normal and chairside be dim. It was display.

<Tim>
posted
It appears to be a ghost! I pulled a board from a known machine and put it into the known bad one. fired it up and it worked. Let it run for the whole day yesterday and it never once changed colors. Replaced the original board and it too works fine today. Letting it run all day to see if it will fade out but all the colors are normal. The only boards moved were the UI/MICS boards.

<cable man>
posted
I'm betting it was a cable seating issue, really hard to see or feel especially the LCD cable, I had the black screen thing myself and I reseated all cables and been working for two weeks so far.

<Tim>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by cable man:
I'm betting it was a cable seating issue, really hard to see or feel especially the LCD cable, I had the black screen thing myself and I reseated all cables and been working for two weeks so far.
Just strange that Chair side uses the same card and it was fine. Still working so I'm happy! LOL

<Guest>
posted
If one of the cables isn't completely set in ( I know what it looks like but not the name) It can do that, Its a flat cable towards the front of your board. Like it may be on and in, but just the tiniest bit out can make it do that.