New
Find
Notify
Tools

99gl granuflo mixer wont drain.
 Login/Join

<SO>
posted
I have a granuflo mixer that wont drain, it will start the rinse fill up recir and then when it needs to drain it doesn't. Mixer will mix and transfer though. just will not drain. Any suggestions?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<drain valve boy>
posted
Drain valve.

<KND>
posted
SO if you have used the step method you might need to slowly use you it again the 3 way valve may be set at the wrong point if you have rushed through the step process

<noflow>
posted
if you have a secondary, exterior, manually operated drain valve (a la DaVita) make sure it's open

<Drain-o>
posted
Try cycling through the functions again in step mode back to drain, take it off step mode and start it. You can also use step mode to go to cycle complete, take it out of step mode and start cycle complete which should open the drain. If that doesn't work it's probably the drain valve or drain valve relay.

Here's a link to the technician manual with a troubleshooting you might find handy. Dry Acid Dissolution Unit 99

<SO>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Drain-o:
Try cycling through the functions again in step mode back to drain, take it off step mode and start it. You can also use step mode to go to cycle complete, take it out of step mode and start cycle complete which should open the drain. If that doesn't work it's probably the drain valve or drain valve relay.

Here's a link to the technician manual with a troubleshooting you might find handy. Dry Acid Dissolution Unit 99

Thanks! its not the drain valve I bet your its probably the relay I check that next.

<SO>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by drain valve boy:
Drain valve.

Nope not the drain the valve.

<nfltech>
posted
I don't know about the 99gl, but on the 132 gallon, there is a check valve that can get plugged up with fragments of the plastic bags or whatever else that gets dropped in the mix tank. I've pulled towels, mixing instructions and a host of other thing out of there in the past

<Biomeditech>
posted
You may need to remove the standpipe from center of tank and clean the filter screen at the bottom. Also when you have the standpipe out check to make sure that there is nothing blocking the drain hole too.
Since you will already have the standpipe out also make sure that both of the tubes in the standpipe aren't clogged. This doesn't have so much to do with draining but it does affect mixing.
Be careful when you put everything back together because its very easy to snap off the threaded piece that the standpipe screws on to. The plastic seems to get very brittle over time.
Been there done that, as the saying goes.

<Guest>
posted
Controll board could be bad.

<NBRBMT>
posted
Likely a clogging thing. It has several modes it will drain in when complete cycle is on. It could possibly be CPU but sounds like a physical problem.

<pops>
posted
could it possibly be the low level sensor, it will not drain because it thinks it is empty Wink

disclaimer my views and no one else Razzer

<SO>
posted
So it had a bad 24 volts relay that ran the drain valve. replaced it and the valve drains just find. on problem now is it doesn't shut off when filling at the first shut off or the final fill either. will just keep on filling and over flow if you let it.

<pops>
posted
so
thanks for posting your fix on the drain issue Cool

<KTS>
posted
Are the float switches in place you can unplug them and check if they are working using your voltmeter continuity check up should give you contact down open. Hope this helps.