Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marcor
 Login/Join

posted
I've been doing business with Marcor for more years than I can remember (the company was run out of the owners barn). They have always been more expensive than other companies but made it up with exceptional quality and customer service. That all seemed to start changing 10 or so years ago.

The equipment is still very good but customer service sucks and prices are astronomical.

I just got a quote from them and an Ameriwater distributor for a heat disinfected portable RO, cart, carbon blocks, and prefilter (the Ameriwater also includes a pyrogen filter). The Marcor price is $5,000.00 more than Ameriwater!

Chuck

DISCLAIMER : My opinions and views are mine and may not be the same as my employer.

Posts: 2173 | Location: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very much agree with you Chuck. Mar Cor still makes phenomenal equipment but repair parts and consumables are ridiculously priced. There are several portables I would have already replaced (old 700 series we have are tanks) if the replacement wasn’t $13K+ for something like a WRO-H. Our sales rep even asked me if we’d purchase more consumables if they were priced more reasonably. I told them we would but the prices still suck. For example, paying $500 for a single ultrafilter just doesn’t make sense.

On the service side my feeling is that the best of the best have risen in the company and are harder, or impossible to contact. You used to call technical support and get real experts, but now it’s really hit and miss on the knowledge level of whoever you contact.

Fortunately our local service branch is run by a really great dude who I can bounce things off of when I’m stuck, but I’m guessing that’s not the case everywhere.

Posts: 757 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 12 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they have been acquired by Cantell Life Science.
but the locals are good help in Norcross GA

to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Philippians 1:21

Posts: 73 | Location: Ga | Registered: 09 September 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<oldbutnew>
posted
Sadly They have been Sold again, Supposed to close the sale third quarter

Price is just stupid on filters, dont think they even try to justify it now. Our local service tech even says they are ripping people off on filters, I buy them from local H2O vendor for up to 25% off.

We were looking at replacing all our portables with MHX but after i got there quote they were so far out of reality.

Met with the Big F water guys great group, there portables looks pretty legit and almost half the price. Best part there consumables were priced decent, Softeners suck on it tho. Will need to find a better solution for that part.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More changes for Cantel. STERIS Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Cantel Medical which was back in January 2021. Not sure what that means for the water treatment division.

Posts: 159 | Registered: 22 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Guest>
posted
quote:
<oldbutnew> posted document.write('<nobr>'+ myTimeZone('Fri, 14 May 2021 06:37:51 GMT-0700', '14 May 2021 06:37 AM')+'</nobr>');14 May 2021 06:37 AM14 May 2021 06:37 AMSadly They have been Sold again, Supposed to close the sale third quarterPrice is just stupid on filters, dont think they even try to justify it now. Our local service tech even says they are ripping people off on filters, I buy them from local H2O vendor for up to 25% off.We were looking at replacing all our portables with MHX but after i got there quote they were so far out of reality. Met with the Big F water guys great group, there portables looks pretty legit and almost half the price. Best part there consumables were priced decent, Softeners suck on it tho. Will need to find a better solution for that part.

I agree about the softeners on these units. I have had nothing but trouble with them. I have spoken with several instructors as well as tech support. They say they have never heard of the issues I'm having. We've tried installing booster pumps and the problems are still there. Definitely need an alternative to those softeners for sure.

<Izzy>
posted
I have been using MAR COR since about 1993, when it was Zyzatech. With each ownership change I think they have made both improvements and also deteriorated a bit. As a region we no longer work with them due to their lack of customer service & quality.

In general I believe MAR COR doesn't give a damn about anything except profits.

Mostly it seems they just acquire and rebrand equipment, and they really mark-up their products ALOT since they know they have a near-monopoly on the dialysis market. An example would be back in 2017 when HACH was selling the newly approved CM130 CHLORINE MONITORING SYSTEM FOR DIALYSIS for $8500. A year later MAR COR acquired the rights and started offering it for $15,000! Eeker

As much as possible I would avoid them and use the other vendors!

<ditto>
posted
I wholeheartedly agree with the decline in customer service. I have been working with them since for a long time and have witnessed the decline in customer care. They don't seem to care about the very expensive and important equipment they sell you once they finish the install. I've gotten hints from some of the employees that they are not very happy with MarCor or Cantel any more.

posted Hide Post
I agree, for the most part. As far as parts/supplies/equipment, their prices reach for the moon.
I have had nothing but great experiences the handful of times that I have worked with their CWP Tech Support, however.
But, alas, being Biomed...I am used to being the odd man out...

Posts: 563 | Location: NY | Registered: 11 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane:
Fortunately our local service branch is run by a really great dude who I can bounce things off of when I’m stuck, but I’m guessing that’s not the case everywhere.

Given prior discussion, you'll probably be speaking of my direct supervisor and my co-workers out of the Norcross office. As I've mentioned in the past I handle Alabama but he's my boss.

Go easy on the field service guys lol. We have our noses to the grindstone.

I have only good things to say about our tech support folks in Plymouth, especially the lead who I won't be naming.

Posts: 6 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 04 July 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MN Biomed>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by AUDub:
quote:
Originally posted by Cane:

Given prior discussion, you'll probably be speaking of my direct supervisor and my co-workers out of the Norcross office. As I've mentioned in the past I handle Alabama but he's my boss.

Go easy on the field service guys lol. We have our noses to the grindstone.

I have only good things to say about our tech support folks in Plymouth, especially the lead who I won't be naming.

I agree with you, the lead in Plymouth, MN I know personally, and he's been amazing for us here in Minnesota! Have never had an issue with their tech support either on the 300H's. I like doing business with them. But, that's my 2 cents

<Guest>
posted
The guy that runs our local office is great. We can call him in the middle of the night with an issue and he'll help us if he can. My biggest problem is they're not allowed to stock parts that don't get used often. I had transfer pumps go out in a couple of Marcor bicarb mixers a while back and found out that I couldn't get them from the local branch anymore. Called the main office and even then they were on back order. Ended up going to a large pump supplier in town who had the exact pump we needed both times for hundreds of $ below the Marcor price.

posted Hide Post
The most expensive company to do business with, Di tanks just went up $90. I only order when absolutely necessary. Back 10 years ago I used Tech support they were terrible then.

Behold , He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of earth will wail on account of him. Rev 1:7

Posts: 58 | Location: Were ever needed | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post