RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dialysis Technician Forums  Hop To Forums  Dialysis Technical Forum    Look Ma, No Cavities! (Stain Removal)

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Look Ma, No Cavities! (Stain Removal)
 Login/Join

posted
I was in a hospital Acute unit recently trying to get stains off the case of a K2 machine. It looked like they had spilled an iron med like Ferrlicit all over the top and faceplate and on down to two modules. Bleach, hydrogen peroxide and alcohol wouldn't touch these stains. Usually I use Soft Scrub or the commercial equivalent for this but there was none available. I know that some folks have used toothpaste to polish jewlery, so I got one of those small tubes that they give out to patients, put a dab on a washcloth and it rubbed out the stains quite well. It did not harm the paint or the faceplate and there are no brown stains left. Now I just carry one of those small sample tubes of toothpaste with me.

Posts: 487 | Location: Cleveland.OH | Registered: 03 February 2006Report This Post
<pops>
posted
Ktech
thanks for the info i wonder if it will work on black clipboard residue had to use 409 to get it off but it took the finish off, not suppose to use 409 with the fres cabinets, those old H machines left in a dumpster nice to know there is something out there easy on the finnish
query what brand of tooth paste did you use Big Grin

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using the commercial cream cleanser which is like Soft Scrub that the cleaning company uses for many years in the Chronic units that I work in. In this case there wasn't any around so I tried Colgate. It didn't work as fast, but did do the job, and a small tube is easy to carry in your tool box. The cleanser takes those black marks off the top of the case with no problem and i am sure the toothpaste will too.

Posts: 487 | Location: Cleveland.OH | Registered: 03 February 2006Report This Post