RenalWEB Home Page    renalweb.groupee.net    RenalWEB Discussion Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dialysis Technician Forums  Hop To Forums  Dialysis Technical Forum    Post conductivity cell drops out after cal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post conductivity cell drops out after cal
 Login/Join

<802Biomed>
posted
Hey everyone. Have a t machine that has been causing trouble. Problem was noticed after a pm when we did an olc test. The test failed and after investigation we found the post conductivity cell would only read .4 max when machine was running 14.0. After a bunch of different boards and sensors we tracked the problem to the eprom. Put a new one in with machine in t&C mode and it post reading was there. We noticed as soon as we do conductivity calibration the post cell drops out again.

We have tried a new cell, power logic, functional, eprom, and sensor board all at the same time to eliminate one of those causing it but it still occurs. Fresenius wants us to try a new motherboard next but i do not have high hopes. Anybody experienced this? Thanks!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Nuts&Bolts>
posted
Had one not that long ago that drove me batty for a month. Similar situation. Did everything you could think of to fix it. Ended up being the Blood Pump. It can generate "noise" on the circuit and give bad readings. Try swapping the whole module, recalibrate the conductivity again and see what happens. If you look at the wiring diagram, it reports from the Sensor board to the Function board via the same ADC pathway (again via the motherboard so you may have a problem there too. I tried swapping the mother board to no avail).

<802Biomed>
posted
Thank you i will give it a go. Are you advising to try this with a new eprom or with the one currently reading low?