New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millenium HX RO
 Login/Join

posted
Our unit just purchased 2 Millenium HX RO's. Every
time we attempt a heat disinfection an alarm occurs and a error message (SERVICE REQUIRED COMPONENT FAILURE DETECTED). What is the possible
causes for this.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 28 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Guest>
posted
call Marcor tech support, 1-800-633-3080

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<SUPERHD1999>
posted
Just looking for suggestions before calling them. Thanks

<SUPERHD1999>
posted
Problem solved. When prompted that feed and drain connections can be disconnected nothing should be connected to the product hose y connection. This will cause error message.

<SK8>
posted
Hi SUPERHD1999,
Don't know what you are talking about! I have 14 MHX and I always leave them connected. I never disconnect anything when I heat disinfect. What were the error code numbers? should be on either side of the error. If your
dialysis machine takes water from the RO while in heat it will error after a little bit. Typically I can put the Dialysis machine into 2 or 3, 10-15 second rinses with some pauses between before the MHX will alarm. I do this when the hold time is counting down and near the end with a minute or two left. Good Luck SK8

posted Hide Post
The MHX heat disinfect starts with a purge cycle, and if water were allowed to exit the system during that cycle, you will get an alarm during the heat process. The internal tank has to be a certain level once the purge ends, and if that level is off, the system will alarm.

So if I had my MHX still connected to the dialysis machine, but the machine is in a idle state, you would not cause any alarms, as the water inside the RO would have nowhere to go. If you had the quick connect hooked up to just run the RO Product water to drain, and you try to heat disinfect, you will cause an alarm, since there would be too little water in the internal tank at the end of the purge cycle. Hope that makes some sense.

Posts: 359 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 12 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SK8:
Typically I can put the Dialysis machine into 2 or 3, 10-15 second rinses with some pauses between before the MHX will alarm. I do this when the hold time is counting down and near the end with a minute or two left. Good Luck SK8

Are you trying to disinfect the inlet line of the dialysis machine with these 10-15 seconds periods of hot water exposure?

Posts: 359 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 12 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<SUPERHD1999>
posted
I should have been more specific. I had product water going straight to drain. Error code 184 Tank level sensor. Cane you were correct. The tank was emptying causing the tank water level to be low causing the alarm. Thanks all.

<SK8>
posted
Hi Cane,
figure it couldn't hurt if I didn't alarm the RO. Minncare is no longer recommended as a routine disinfectant for the MHX only as needed now. The line gets warm but not sure if its enough to disinfect. I also put the Dialysis machine into a rinse when the MHX starts its rinse. I also remove the top cover to get it to
cool down faster.
SK8

posted Hide Post
Well I hope you voted on my "Hospital End-to-End" poll then Big Grin . Unfortunately it isn't enough contact time with heat to be considered a "disinfect", but I understand what you're trying to accomplish. Seems like many of us could use a simple fix to getting inlet lines disinfected in acute settings.