New
Find
Notify
Tools
temp biolab 4400
 Login/Join

<Whistleblower>
posted
I am not too familiar w/ the Biolab 4400. Got a call that there was a high teperature alarm. Incoming water was 78'F. The operators manual is terrible at best, one page of troubleshooting and temperature isn't on it. I'm assuming the is a temp sensor...where is it? near the pre R.O. sediment filter? Any help is appreciated

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You are correct - the temperature sensor is the feed water condo cell located by the sediment filter. We only get 3 - 4 years at best out of this sensor and keep one on hand as they tend to drift high (and then out of range) when they start to fail.

IMHO

Posts: 214 | Location: PA | Registered: 03 June 2014Report This Post
<SK8>
posted
Hi Whistleblower,
have you confirmed your water temperature. I recently had to shut off my hot water to the mixing valve because mixing valves don't work that well when you get different incoming temperatures and or PSI. I could keep adjusting the mixing valve but I would still be
wondering would it spike hi or alarm over the weekend. I shouldn't need to turn the hot water back on until oct or November. Good Luck SK8

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We have 5 of the 4400's with the oldest being 9 years old. It had a sensor fail about 6 months ago. In the front panel set up menu, you can adjust the alarm set point in order to keep running while you wait for the new sensor.

Chuck

DISCLAIMER : My opinions and views are mine and may not be the same as my employer.

Posts: 2100 | Location: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Report This Post
<Whistleblower>
posted
Thanks for the info. I gave myself aa quick how-to at 4a.m., verified the temp was 78'F, then adjusted the limit so it would run. I did look on marcor's site, found a newer manual for the 4400, it has a better troubleshooting section. Guess its time to spend the company's money on some sensors

Report This Post