New
Find
Notify
Tools

intermittent dialog test failures
 Login/Join

<shipjumper>
posted
I have a machine with 30,000 plus hours on it. Once in a while it will fail led/sound test. Next time it fails uf pump, next time it fails dfs pressure test. Power off and on and then it fails just the sound and led again. Changed the speaker in it and it worked for a while but just started acting up again. Usually it will be fine after putting it through a citric thermal and will pass test without a problem. Front panel board is fine, all connections disconnected and reconnected. Has anyone seen anything like this?? Any suggestions?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Guest>
posted
shipjumper, I think you may have more than one issue happening simultaneously. As far as the LED/Sound test, I would check to see if the front panel board is corroded due to bleach water dripping down from the touch screen. This is very common. Please post what LLC code the DF Pressure test is failing when you can. If necessary, go to test 1.27 in TSM and run the test to get the code.

posted Hide Post
Your DFS and uf pump might be related.Like guest said note the fail code during the test. Just for the heck of it, unplug machine and manually turn the uf pump to see if there is a hitch at all like maybe the motor is going??

Posts: 499 | Registered: 18 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<shipjumper>
posted
I will look at this when I am with the machine next. The weird thing is that it always fails led/sound and only when you reset it will it fail teh dfs or the uf pump but when it is working fine it works fine for weeks.

posted Hide Post
Sound and LED test fail:

Since you have 30k+ hours on the machine, I take it you have a Ver. 8.xx machine.

Some possible problems causing the failure:
PB-1 (don't ask me why, but one tech had a problem and after changing out almost everything, he changed PB-1 and that fixed it.)

Speaker and/or speaker wire harness connector.

TLC: Speaker wire goes to a black molex connector on the TLC.

FPB: A resistor on the FPB is in-line with the speaker to develop the square wave for the microprocessor to read the frequency.

SMPS: provides power to the FPB, insure all voltages are correct. Also need to make sure that the black molex connector to the FPB has not backed off of the FPB pins.

OSD's: Make sure they are functioning. If it fails the test try this: (TIP: With machine on: turn off all lights in room. Use a hollow cylinder (like a toilet paper roll)and put it against the TOP of each OSD. You should see a faint, red glow from a single red led. If you fail to see that red glow, that OSD is probably bad. [Each OSD singular red led provides a continuity check for the microprocessor].

DF leak test:

Since the UF pump is used to reduce the pressure of PDA during the DF leakage test, if PDA pressure continues to decrease after the UF pump stops, you may have a leaky pump body. To verify, clamp off the small tubing on the right side of the UF pump after the pump has lowered the PDA pressure. If the pressure appears to be stable (+/- 10 mmHg of reading) release the clamp and see if it starts to decrease. Do this for each time the pump decreases the pressure. If you find the pressure dropping after you unclamp the tubing, you need to change the pump body. And you must recalibrate the stroke value when you install a new body.

Posts: 110 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 22 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<shipjumper>
posted
Thanks for the suggestions SrCusEngr. I will look into these.