New
Find
Notify
Tools

On call rotation
 Login/Join

<Corrupt DB>
posted
Just curious as to how the rest of BIG F is doing on call rotations in the world. Currently we are only covering the clincs in our own area. So it turns out being 1 - 1 wk rotation per month. It used to be two teams teamed up and shared the load. ( Twice as many clinics, but on call about once evey 2 months.) Just curious to how every ones been doing it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our biomeds cover only our area and we take 1 week turns. Six of us here so once every six weeks.

I drink and I fix machines, it's what I do...

Posts: 139 | Registered: 12 September 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't work for FMC, but I have a question about how you cover call. Is the on call person only for the weekends, or do they take call after hours for the weekdays they're on call also?

Posts: 325 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 12 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't work for FMC, but I have a question about how you cover call. Is the on call person only for the weekends, or do they take call after hours for the weekdays they're on call also?

Speaking for our area: On-call starts at 12:00 A.M. on Sunday and runs through 11:59 P.M. on Saturday. During the week biomeds take calls until 8a.m. The clinics are to call their own biomed from that point until 5 P.M. At that time the on-call biomed takes the calls.

<Nitro>
posted
We dont get paid for on call..so guess what ? Im out of town....sorry

posted Hide Post
quote:
We dont get paid for on call..so guess what ? Im out of town....sorry

Damn, that sucks. I should add we only get 200 (140 after taxes) for on call. $50 for sat and sun $20 for each weekday. Some weeks it is worth it, most of the time it osn't...insert shrug

posted Hide Post
Only for holiday's that treatments are run here.
We also do not get paid to be on call, if we actually come in its $100 plus mileage on top of wages.

Search me O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! (Psalms 139:23-24)

Posts: 108 | Location: In Christ | Registered: 16 November 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<pops>
posted
we are on call every 3rd week from Tuesday 7am to the following Tuesday 7am as far as I am concerned I am on call 24/7 Frowner

disclaimer my views and no one else Razzer
ps we only cover our own clinics, so we hardly ever get called out Big Grin

<Clyde>
posted
We cover every other week Monday to Sunday 5am -8am and 5pm to 10 pm but since nobody has learned to read we get calls like I don't know who to call, well they speak to voice mail when I'm not on call. We get a whooping $100 for the week before taxes. They tried to make us stay a minimum of 3 hours if the clinic is open....nope when I finish purging air locked machines I am out of there.

<odog>
posted
only $75 pre tax for the week on call out here

<Spent>
posted
On call all the time every day. no list, the clinics you cover are your clinics

<Not with F>
posted
Our on call lasts for a week from 0800 Monday to the same time the following Monday. How often you are on call just depends on how many people are in your group. I've been in groups with just two of us due to staffing issues. I'm currently in a group with five of us, so once every five weeks.

The on call guy covers from 1700 in the evenings to 0800 in the morning on weekdays, and 24/7 on weekends and holidays. Pay is $125 pre tax for the week. We used to get paid an automatic two hours just for picking up the phone as it was thought that hitting the clinics in the wallet would stop the stupid calls like "We're out of coffee cups", but when it didn't, the auto pay went away and now we have to actually step foot in a clinic in order to get our hourly pay.

The only time I stay past getting the job done is if it's an RO problem. I'll usually hang around and monitor the RO for maybe an extra 30 minutes or so to make sure a problem doesn't come back. As for machines, If it's early on a Saturday or holiday I'll try and get them at least two backups so I don't get called back. If it's a weekday and I know the regular biomed will be at that clinic soon, I'll just get them one backup running and leave.

<Jon T.>
posted
I'm with the F. My team consists of 4 biomeds. Our on-call pay is $160 + hourly wage once we hit the clinic. Currently, our on-call lasts Friday 5:01 PM to Sunday 11:59AM. So, just for the weekend. The regular biomeds cover their clinics Monday to Friday. Unfortunately, my ATOM recently sent out an email to my team saying that on-call will soon be switching to week-long on-call because the higher ups 'said so', which is honestly quite stupid.

See, I am personally very, very against this idea. When I was with D, we trialed this method and it was an absolute shit storm of a failure. Too many variables made it an idiotic concept.

To name a few:

Instead of only having to worry about 3 clinics calling in the morning, Monday - Friday, you now had 15+ to worry about.

If you get called to a clinic for an emergency and head there, and another clinic calls you shortly after you arrived, you're shit out of luck and STILL have to get other biomeds up early in the morning to help. And those biomeds didn't usually answer their phone because they were not scheduled to be on-call to begin with. OH! And the added bonus that the non on call biomed didn't get supplemental on-call pay for helping out.

Biomeds will not always know other facilities when covering 15+ clinics. Each clinic is different. This can lead to issues (different systems that they're unfamiliar with, don't know codes to open locks to spare parts cabinets, don't know codes to get into the building / water room, etc... It just becomes a hassle).

So... I can firmly say that I believe on-call should be weekends only. And weekdays = regular biomed coverage. Things go much, MUCH smoother that way.

<Cubby>
posted
Jon, if everyone is on call for their own clinic through out the week, they have to be given on call pay for those days. It makes more fiscal sense to have only one person get on call pay each day rather than 4.

All of your worries about multiple calls at the same time, how is that any different on a Saturday?

<correct answer>
posted
cubby is right, it's a legality payroll thing.