New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blood pump rotors
 Login/Join

<mtw2>
posted
These rotors are not even lasting 6 months. The pins in the back are popping out, carving up the blood pump housing. 2 replaced in my last 2 semi p.m.'s, which were replaced 6 months ago. Give me the old metal plate rotors.
Just venting. It's Friday in August, all is good.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Guest>
posted
just replace it. no point venting.

<mtw2>
posted
Wow, no venting on a Friday. Denied.

<slick>
posted
Tell the staff to stop pulling the lines out and use the blood pump on off button to unload lines, this will solve the problem.

<Biomeditech>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by slick:
Tell the staff to stop pulling the lines out and use the blood pump on off button to unload lines, this will solve the problem.

Agree that this is 100% the cause of the problem.
Watch them strip down a machine or two and you will see that its the fault of the tech/RN.

<bio Ross>
posted
Ask the staff would they please not pull on the blood lines when they breaking the machine down.

<BGD>
posted
The rotors are a problem-the pin on the pivoting side of the rotor(not the roller side)is backing out+gouging the faceplate because the softer metal of the pivoting arm was not folded over the pins.Take a punch to either side of the pivot pin to hold them in place.This was done to the front of the rotors but not the rear during assembly.The staff pulling on the tubing is damaging the guide pins+ripping off the rotor faceplates but it is the pivoting action of the rotor arm that is the cause of the pins to back out not operator error.

<mtw2>
posted
Thank you. That is exactly what I was talking about. My staff is PRETTY good(not always)at using the button instead of pulling. Never had this problem until recently. Don't really have the rolling pin problem.

posted Hide Post
They used to stamp the back side around the pins to retain them. They stopped doing that on the new machines we received. This is only a problem on the new machine delivered in the past year to us. The last batch of rotors we purchased have been stamped again. So I think they are addressing the issue.

Posts: 940 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when the techs pull on the tubing when stripping the circuit down it also damages the tach in the back of the blood pump which isn't worth the labor hours or equipment needed to fix. You would need a hydraulic press as well as a 3 page description on how to put it all back together.

Which is why when the tach goes out I swap the whole pump.

Posts: 46 | Registered: 21 November 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post