New
Find
Notify
Tools
ccht certification
 Login/Join

<nervous about testing>
posted
My coworkers and myself are about to take the ccht certification test. To be honest we are quiet nervous. Can anyone help put our minds at ease?

Report This Post
<hey>
posted
ccht required for MTs now? just wondering if it's something that will be mandatory i mine as well get a head start on lookin up what to study

Report This Post
<OK!>
posted
This is random, go out for a drink or smoke a bong or something

Report This Post
<bob>
posted
What is the ccht and were can I get information about it.

Report This Post
<CTTechie>
posted
Bob, CCHT stands for Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician/Technologist. It is a certification patient care staff need to get and can test for after 6 months on the job. In CT it allows a pct to administer heparin, sub-q lidocaine, CVC care. It does free up nurses from running over to give saline and heparin "pushes" or having to be assigned all the cath pts. I've never heard of it being used for Machine/equipment techs.

The exam is put out by NNCO/NNCC. Their website is http://nncc-exam.org

Hope this helps.

Report This Post
<zman>
posted
I don't know why anyone is sweating about taking the test. I didn't even study for it and the night before drank a bottle of crown. I had a killer hangover and still made the highest grade of everyone that took it in our clinic.

Report This Post
<belle>
posted
Does anyone have info that will help me with the cert. exam? What type of questions, etc. ???
Please help. Thanks

Report This Post
<zman>
posted
Majority of the questions are clinical, info that you should have learned or know by working on the floor. There are just a few on the water system, reuse, and technical. It you would like to futher your knowledge I would recommend getting the book Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, this book has alot of good info.

Report This Post
<belle>
posted
Thanks zman. I'll have to find that book.

Report This Post
<antoinette>
posted
I take the test 08/22/09 get the book CCHT EXAM secrets study guide by Mometrix Media LLC $49.99 off computer.

Report This Post
<Money>
posted
did the ccht secret study book help you pass the test

Report This Post
<Guest>
posted
I recently took the Bonnet exam, and I must say it was quite easy if you know what you are doing and review the Core Curriculum for the Dialysis Tech which a link has been posted to here a few times. I also purchased the secret study guide which was just ok, but in my mind a complete waste of money. The test did not have anything on it we should not know in performing our job.

Report This Post
<bikertech>
posted
Dont be nervous, you either know it or you dont. If youve studied properly,its not bad at all. Good luck

Report This Post
<Renal 91>
posted
I passed! Got my results yesterday, took the test on August 30th. If I can pass so can anyone else. I studied but it was based on experience absorbed on the floor.

Report This Post
<Renal 92>
posted
Are you a PCT or machine tech?

Report This Post