New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flooding
 Login/Join

<JohnH>
posted
Prayers going out to everyone involved with the flooding in Texas.

If anyone needs help personally, please reach out on here with contact information and needed supplies.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kid Knee>
posted
Where are you located?

<pops>
posted
donated 20 hours PTO for relief for biomeds down there, wish i could go to assist but have work to do here dont want to rob peter to help out paul Big Grin

disclaimer my views and no one else Razzer

<TXBioMed>
posted
I'm in the northeast part of Tx and will most likely be going down south in the next few days to help however I can. I'm preparing myself for what promises to be a gut-wrenching sight.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pops:
donated 20 hours PTO for relief for biomeds down there, wish i could go to assist but have work to do here dont want to rob peter to help out paul Big Grin

That's awesome pops! I know what you mean about robbing peter to pay paul, my area is stretched so thin I doubt any of us will be able to go, but I didn't think about donating PTO.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<thanks>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by ginniper:
quote:
Originally posted by pops:

That's awesome pops! I know what you mean about robbing peter to pay paul, my area is stretched so thin I doubt any of us will be able to go, but I didn't think about donating PTO.

With all the flooding and damage to clinics in Houston and surrounding area I'm sure the biomeds in that area are not stretched thin. Please put yourself ahead of others in desperate need. Maybe they can repay you someday.

<Guest V>
posted
<thanks> Your sarcasm is greatly appreciated in this time of need for the south coast. I am sure everyone who reads it will truly appreciate your insightful thought process.

In the meantime, people like <pops> who cannot travel to the stricken area due to circumstances beyond their control come up with ingenious ways to help out. And others, who comment on being stretched too thin already, are just being honest and sincere; wishing they could be there to help relieve someone and give them a break but knowing they just cannot do that task.

And if you honestly think about it, what if half of the US arrived in Texas to help. Where would they live? What water/food would theydrink/eat? There are limits to even the rescuers!

So in your glorious invective for all to see, there are thousands more who silently cannot go, find other ways to help out because they too,are stretched too thin, and don't give a hill of beans about you.

<florida biomed>
posted
I cannot go there but I have donated 40 hours of PTO time in an effort to try to help

<guest2>
posted
<thanks>... As nice as it would be for biomeds everywhere to drop what they are doing to come give us a hand in Houston and surrounding areas, I doubt a surveyor in Wisconsin or Ohio is going to let someone slide on their PMs because they came to give us a hand. If someone says their area is stretched thin, I'll take it to mean they are already short handed and truly can't spare someone without their own area getting in a bind.

As for Houston, it's better on the biomed front than it was a couple of days ago. All the guys in my group are back at work and able to help where needed due to a couple of our clinics that will be closed for a while. One of mine is going to be closed for at least two weeks. I've spent the past two days helping someone else who had a lot of breakdowns and a few PMs come due during the storm.